The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks working on one of Landeskog or Marleau

Type R

On 9/13/2016 at 3:34 AM, JC2 said:

I agree with this, if it were just Tanev and a pick I would be all for it. Tanev is a very solid defenseman and I think he is definitely underrated for what he does but to think he could get landeskog is wishful thinking. The Avs would probably want Horvat or virtanen plus a high pick thrown in and that is just too much. I'd rather be patient and wait one more year for Boeser and whoever else hits the free agent market.

Tanev is not underrated for what he does.. everyone around the league knows he's a good defender.. and that's pretty much it.. a good defender that doesn't intimidate the other team.. not physical at all.. and injury prone.. he missed 10+ games every single season in his career in the nhl so far.. far from durable/reliable.. i dunno if a top shutdown dman with 0 offensive capability can even be considered a top pairing defenseman.. you wouldn't put him on the powerplay.. you wouldn't put him out in the last min down by a goal.. if it's Tanev + Virtanen for Landeskog or either side toss in a pick i'd do it.. Defense wise we have lots of up and coming dman that's currently on the NHL club and some prospects including Juolevi.. Virtanen i can do with or without as i see him nothing better than a kassian 2.0

Archived