The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks working on one of Landeskog or Marleau

Type R

3 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

Easy hippy, Tanevs good, but he is not one of the best defensive dmen or he would have received a call from team Canada. As for GL, this dude is stellar. He is a better version of Horvat. If Colorado had Tanev and wanted to deal him to us for Horvat, you wouldnt make that trade. GL is better than Bo. 

No he's not.  Bo is a centre for one, so he will impact the game more.  GL is already a serious concussion risk.  JB was probably offered GL for Tanev, and he said add a second and he would think about it.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No he's not.  Bo is a centre for one, so he will impact the game more.  GL is already a serious concussion risk.  JB was probably offered GL for Tanev, and he said add a second and he would think about it.  

Haha, too funny. No GM trades GL straight up for Tanev OR Horvat. Sorry, homerism is not a measurable category. 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm a big Tanev and Bo fan.  Love them both, don't want either traded. 

BUT.  Landy is by far a better player than both of them.  

The kid is everything we could hope Horvat will turn into

14 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Did anybody else see Gabe the Babes one T from Karlsson he went top cheese almost bar down.

That kids a player. He oozes leadership and winning in his interviews.

Yep, he would be a great addition. I would guess Tanev and Horvat gets it done *crickets*

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I think Tanev + 1st gets it done

i'm not sure i can part with the number pick especially considering we are in the middle of a our rebuild. there's a good chance we don't make the postseason this year. injuries to players is quite realistic especially in the division and conference the Canucks are in. it's a risk though. 

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

i'm not sure i can part with the number pick especially considering we are in the middle of a our rebuild. there's a good chance we don't make the postseason this year. injuries to players is quite realistic especially in the division and conference the Canucks are in. it's a risk though. 

Its definetely à hard chip to get rid of but it is Landeskog we are Talking about. Hé would be perfect for our team in every sensé of the term and is worth the slight overpayment in my opinion

Landeskog horvat virtanen

Sedin sedin eriksson

Baertschi sutter hansen 

Etem granlund burrows

Gaunce

Edler gudbranson

Hutton tryamkin

Sbisa larsen

Pedan Biega 

I think thats à playoff team, and à dark horse as soon as next year 

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Its definetely à hard chip to get rid of but it is Landeskog we are Talking about. Hé would be perfect for our team in every sensé of the term and is worth the slight overpayment in my opinion

Landeskog horvat virtanen

Sedin sedin eriksson

Rodin sutter hansen 

Etem granlund burrows

Gaunce

Edler gudbranson

Hutton tryamkin

Sbisa larsen

Pedan Biega 

I think thats à playoff team, and à dark horse as soon as next year 

what happened to the second half of your username in that lineup?

4 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I think Tanev + 1st gets it done

The only way a Landeskog deal works is if Nucks added either Boeser or Virtanen or Horvat in the mix.

If people think Sakic is as crazy as Chiarelli, give yer heads a shake lol - Tanev and 1st will not get Landeskog alone.  

Chiarelli did not set any trading standard lmfao, he jus plain A$$ crazy y'all.  I too thought maybe Tanev alone would work but if you look at the big blockbuster trades, teams lose big players in exchange.  I think best bet is to keep our best prospects.

Canucks should just keep their D together at least for the first half of the season.  Maybe explore Sbisa trade options, Nucks would have to retain salary.  I think his salary and Bennings expectations are scaring off teams.  Nucks have room for 2 more salaries they can retain.  If they were to retain half his salary, there are a few players that might land a deal.

Hurricanes - Andrej Nestrasil, he is 6'3" and projected to be on first line with Staal

Hurricanes - Joakim Nordstrom, he is 6'1" and also projected to be on first line with Staal

Devils - Jacob Josefson, he is 6'0" and hockey futures thinks he has the make-up to eventually evolve into a perennial 65-75 point top-two centre.  

- they are all used as wingers

- these three are more of projects, and TBH, so is Sbisa 

Archived