The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks working on one of Landeskog or Marleau

Type R

5 hours ago, swizzey said:

With this crap show going on in Colorado, it looks like they are wanting to shake up their organization a little bit. They had talks of wanting to deal Landeskog for a top D pairing. Wondering if they are willing to make a deal for Tanev. With our log jam at D, minus injuries of course, it could make sense. What would be a fair swap? 

I would think Tanev + 2nd would be a fair swap.

However, I think Colorado would want either a 1st with it or a solid prospect. 

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Landeskog-Sutter-Granlund

Eriksson-Horvat-Burrows

Seems intriguing for next year - one can hope. 

Thoughts??

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Landeskog Sutter Eriksson

Rodin Horvat Boeser

Tanev+Baertschi

For

Landeskog+4th

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

I'd send them Tanev plus one of Baer/Granlund/Rodin. They get a warm body replacement for a winger with potential/upside and the D they're looking for.

In addition to the 'warm body' theory, people need to understand how favorable Tanev's cap-hit is.  For the quantity/quality of minutes he plays on a regular basis he's a bargain IMO.  If he gets shipped out, someone has to go with him because GL's cap hit is higher than Tanev's and we are up against the cap as it is - salary alone cannot be simply exchanged one-for-one. 

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

Colorado has no need for Tanev, and they certainly won't give up Landeskog for him. 

Doesn't Landeskog have concussion issues?  I think Tanev for Mackinon is better for us.  Put Mackinon on Bo's wing, and watch out!   Yippee!

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Linden and Benning have both said they're not making trades and if anything are looking to add picks.

That's not my understanding - I believe they would in fact like to make some trades ,  however there's just no market for what they're offering or for what they're seeking right now .  Trying to make deals and getting no results is quite different than deciding not to make trades.

4 hours ago, billabong said:

Explain to me why col has a fit for tanev? 

Look at their d and get back to me

Beauchemin is absolutely terrible so they could move Barrie to the left side since he's more offensive minded. 

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

Colorado has no need for Tanev, and they certainly won't give up Landeskog for him. 

Maybe not Landeskog, but they're in position to get Patrick so maybe Duchene instead?

3 hours ago, c00kies said:

Because if you ignore their needs, the value seems fair :P

This is true

2 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Don't you know that according to our armchair GMs, all 30 NHL GMs live to serve the Canucks interests?

I heard a rumour about this once

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

Beauchemin is absolutely terrible so they could move Barrie to the left side since he's more offensive minded. 

Maybe not Landeskog, but they're in position to get Patrick so maybe Duchene instead?

Having two righties on the same pair is awkward and Very rare. If they want to add they'll add a leftie, it's an easier transition 

7 minutes ago, billabong said:

Having two righties on the same pair is awkward and Very rare. If they want to add they'll add a leftie, it's an easier transition 

I doubt it would be any more awkward than two lefties on the same pair. The need is there, and Tanev is a far better defender than anyone the Avalanche currently have. 

23 minutes ago, Pears said:

Beauchemin is terrible and someone could likely have him for free, but let me ask you this:

If you were Colorado and were struggling as they are, would you move one of your stars for a 27 year defenceman, or even for that defenceman+? Duchene and Landeskog aren't the problem, but if you use one to retool your roster because new prospects you believe in are coming up the pipeline I don't see how Tanev helps all that much. One of those 2 guys could get you a D prospect with top 2 potential that would grow with the team. That's worth it even if you have to add a little from Avs perspective. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

I doubt it would be any more awkward than two lefties on the same pair. The need is there, and Tanev is a far better defender than anyone the Avalanche currently have. 

Lefties are more comfortable to play the right side because all lefties are forced to play that side once in awhile growing up because there isn't enough righties to go around so there's a familairity there. 

On the flip side, righties are never asked to play that side so they have a really hard to time adjusting in the NHL when it's so foreign because There is an abdudance of lefties to occupy that side while the righties stay at home on the right... typically speaking of course

On 13/09/2016 at 4:14 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

What part of stay at home defensemen do people not understand? If Tanev is so useless why do people think we can get Landeskog for him? Is he the best d-man on the Canucks? No. Most physical? No. Does he do his job? Absolutely. With the addition of Gudbranson, Tanev can be our #2 RHD. We have other RHD prospects to provide offence. Maybe lets stabilize our defence first and find someone to outplay him, before starting to move guys around.

Landeskog is a pipe dream, unless we are giving up on something major. He's gotten 20 goals plus in 4 out of 5 years. The Av's aren't going to give him away for nothing. 

20 goals    big deal 

2 hours ago, PlanB said:

That's not my understanding - I believe they would in fact like to make some trades ,  however there's just no market for what they're offering or for what they're seeking right now .  Trying to make deals and getting no results is quite different than deciding not to make trades.

Yes they would like to make trades for picks.

Straight out of their mouths.

Archived