The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

52 minutes ago, inane said:

And the beat goes on...

At least you only have him under contract for one more season. IRL he's signed until 2019-20 at $4.65 per.

...Then again, it's not like Ottawa is going to spend to the cap anyways. :bored:

Okay this is getting ridiculous. In the NHL when a player is placed on unconditinal waivers can not any team that wants him take him? I will read up on it....i agree i jumped the gun earlier about regular waivers but the point of unconditional waivers before a buyout is so the player can play in the league for the money he agreed to play for, is it not?

EDIT: well this is a painful lesson..i thought i had it understood. good luck getting me to sign any NMC's again in my fantasy career....lol 

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

Okay this is getting ridiculous. In the NHL when a player is placed on unconditinal waivers can not any team that wants him take him? I will read up on it....i agree i jumped the gun earlier about regular waivers but the point of unconditional waivers before a buyout is so the player can play in the league for the money he agreed to play for, is it not?

Anyone correct me if I am wrong, but since he has a NMC, you just straight up buy him out. No waivers and he becomes a FA. 

this is what i found on a fan forum 

• The club must first offer the player up on unconditional waivers (any other club has 24 hours to take over the entirety of the contract and cap hit.). A player with a no-movement clause may block these waivers and choose to accept the buyout immediately, but he may not block the buyout itself.

still searching the NHL cba....but i can see where this could be true. 

wow....hard to find but this is the exact verbage in the CBA..

A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a Player, whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict the Club's Buy-Out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement. Prior to exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twentyfour (24) hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed rejected.

so, IMO i need to ask the agent if the player will submit to waivers or go directly to buyout, but I will wait for Monty or Nail to tell me what to do. 

Archived