The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames

Darius

There's no doubt the flames have been on a hot streak.  Elliot has began to regain form and played extremely well last night.  Stone was a really good pick up and him being injured really shows how much they needed him.  Engellland is garbage and Wideman can't play over 15 minutes or he becomes a turn over liability. 

I don't think the flames are deep or big enough to make it past the first round, not without Elliot standing on his head, especially not if they match up against the ducks.  Flames do not match up well against the ducks.

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Yup...I agree Mustapha.  I got banned, I cant even remember why - I just opposed the consensus view I suppose.  They currently have a 140+ page post trashing everything about Vancouver, with 250,000 views, its probably in the top 3 most active thread on their whole forums.  They are in the midst of a 10 game winning streak yet they take the time to mock benning for signing Jalen Chatfield.  I suppose this is why I over reacted when numbnuts-77 started posting here...its obvious where he came from  (to me at least) 

Why would you guys be on a flames forum? Trolling?

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Why would you guys be on a flames forum? Trolling?

Trolling would require participation in the forum, they dont grant access there very easily.  Not like here.  I go through a bunch of forums every day to get an idea of what is going on in the league.  Montreal, Toronto, HFBOARDs, Calgary PUck (the best laugh of  them all), SJ...

Why do you ask?

8 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Trolling would require participation in the forum, they dont grant access there very easily.  Not like here.  I go through a bunch of forums every day to get an idea of what is going on in the league.  Montreal, Toronto, HFBOARDs, Calgary PUck (the best laugh of  them all), SJ...

Why do you ask?

Because honestly I have never understood why flames fans would be on here or why Canuck fans would be on their site. 

I get your point about what is going on league wide however As an example most on cdc know nothing outside of Vancouver so if that is how other teams sites are then I doubt it's very helpful.

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Because honestly I have never understood why flames fans would be on here or why Canuck fans would be on their site. 

I get your point about what is going on league wide however As an example most on cdc know nothing outside of Vancouver so if that is how other teams sites are then I doubt it's very helpful.

It is helpful , they know their prospects and it's interesting to see who their whipping boy is.  It was interesting to see what the sharks fans thought of goldobin for instance.

montreal forum i look at is in English. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well he does suck and he likely has made them take extra penalties. I think Calgary is the most penalized team in the league.

I think Winnipeg is... yah he does suck .. 

Kudos to the Flames honestly, they played very well these past 10 games, however Elliot kinda needed to save them a lot during this streak, kinda like Miller with our winning streak earlier in the year. Flames will hit a wall in the playoffs though, Ducks or Oilers are the most likely 1st round opponents and the Flames aren't good against the Ducks, especially in a 7-game series, and the Oilers swept 'em this season, I'd be cautious if I was a Flames fan (BTW, I would never ever be a Flames fan :sick:).

11 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Yup...I agree Mustapha.  I got banned, I cant even remember why - I just opposed the consensus view I suppose.  They currently have a 140+ page post trashing everything about Vancouver, with 250,000 views, its probably in the top 3 most active thread on their whole forums.  They are in the midst of a 10 game winning streak yet they take the time to mock benning for signing Jalen Chatfield.  I suppose this is why I over reacted when numbnuts-77 started posting here...its obvious where he came from  (to me at least)

19 hours ago, Mustapha said:

We are all civil compared to the people on CalgaryPuck. They would burn you at the stake over the slightest insult and then permaban you for good measure.

I was banned simply for stating that Luongo was a better goalie than Kiprusoff. Turns out,  I was right, considering Lou is one of the winningest goalies of all time.

I was banned for calling Gaudreau a midget

22 hours ago, Mustapha said:

We are all civil compared to the people on CalgaryPuck. They would burn you at the stake over the slightest insult and then permaban you for good measure.

I was banned simply for stating that Luongo was a better goalie than Kiprusoff. Turns out,  I was right, considering Lou is one of the winningest goalies of all time.

Haven't been banned yet surprisingly.

Definitely has been touch and go for a few years though.you shouldn't be worried about getting banned from an internet forum though you can always sign up again.

30 minutes ago, Violator said:

Haven't been banned yet surprisingly.

Definitely has been touch and go for a few years though.you shouldn't be worried about getting banned from an internet forum though you can always sign up again.

You must have tremendous patience trying to hold a conversation in there ...lol..

18 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

You must have tremendous patience trying to hold a conversation in there ...lol..

I try to avoid the conversation everyone is entitled to there own opinion....be it right...wrong or...bat$&!# insane

Archived