The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames

Darius

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Tkachuk is a beauty that's for sure. I love the way he plays.

Plus, he's only 19, and will surely get better.  Friggin hate the Lames though.  It sucks seeing them, the Coil and the Laughs being so much better than us, and having very good looking futures, while we wallow near the bottom with little to look forward to. :angry:

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Plus, he's only 19, and will surely get better.  Friggin hate the Lames though.  It sucks seeing them, the Coil and the Laughs being so much better than us, and having very good looking futures, while we wallow near the bottom with little to look forward to. :angry:

But keep in mind Edmonton was terrible for so long and Calgary was mediocre for so long. The position we are in we can't just toss around picks. Lil Johnny hockey was a 3rd round pick. He is struggling right now but even at that he has 39 points in 50 games. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

You can point to the Connor McDavid effect,to having rebooted the Oilers...Also,the Oilers GM has made trades that he's lost,yet he's improved his team...go figure.

On paper,you could say that the Flames are better than the Canucks,but their point totals the last few years have been mirror images.....

The Flames are taking matters into their own hands and about to jump 10 points clear of the Canucks, and make some distance between themselves and the Kings. Keep playing like this and they'll make the playoffs, and when they do I've got a feeling Gaudreau is going to make some noise. Depends how they close the season, but right now they're playing like it's the playoffs and that's why they'll make it.

15 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The Flames are taking matters into their own hands and about to jump 10 points clear of the Canucks, and make some distance between themselves and the Kings. Keep playing like this and they'll make the playoffs, and when they do I've got a feeling Gaudreau is going to make some noise. Depends how they close the season, but right now they're playing like it's the playoffs and that's why they'll make it.

I hope they make the playoffs, drop out of high draft pick range, and get hammered in the first round.

Getting to draft several positions higher than BOTH alberta teams for once will actually be refreshing.

27 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The noise of him in pain and frustration as he's mercilessly and relentlessly clobbered, being given not an inch of space to operate.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

The noise of him in pain and frustration as he's mercilessly and relentlessly clobbered, being given not an inch of space to operate.

LOL, for a second I thought you were describing me being forced to watch flames hockey with Hrudey as the colour man!

But yeah, little johnny at 157 lbs, with no 3 on 3 and fewer PP opportunities, and getting way more attention is going to find it a lot harder to operate.

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ok so then back to Calgarys record against them? Your earlier statement was baseless..

How? Playoffs are more tight and physical. CGY has been in Playoff mode for almost 2 months, SJ is still in regular season mode. MIN for some reason sucks against CGY, but if I was a team in the NHL, I would hate to play 4-7 straight games against MIN. 

On 24/02/2017 at 8:20 PM, Jam126 said:

Hope CGY plays either SJ or MIN. They won't survive more than 5. 

2 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

How? Playoffs are more tight and physical. CGY has been in Playoff mode for almost 2 months, SJ is still in regular season mode. MIN for some reason sucks against CGY, but if I was a team in the NHL, I would hate to play 4-7 straight games against MIN. 

I agree Minny is a tough match. I would rather play SJ then Minny. But keep in mind Calgarys best players haven't been playing up to par. If they get it together and add a good goalie well then You never know.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I agree Minny is a tough match. I would rather play SJ then Minny. But keep in mind Calgarys best players haven't been playing up to par. If they get it together and add a good goalie well then You never know.

Problem is when? Backlund and Tkachuk have been their offensive drive. Monahan is still producing but not as much, Hausfrau has been under a dry spell in 2017. Elliot was suppose to resolve their own goalie problem but here they are again. Maybe the problem lies in their run n gun D-core?

Archived