The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trading the Sedins? How???

Adarsh Sant

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

At this point gettting any pick and prospect thrown in as part of a package must be seen as advantageous  for our club.

Right now we are looking at this year and next being a  28- 30th place club. Then losing both H and D to  FA    ( free agency or if you prefer....  for sweet F.... All  ) 

I would cut my losses and try to get anything for these 2.  A draft pick and a young prospect  packaged with a  5 mil  contract.

That would at least give us 2 pieces moving forward..

But then i would be a GM that does my job... Not like Benning who is a  GM that refuses to do his job and move  vets....

So glad you're not our GM...

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Iggy was well respected.... So was Gretzky

Both were moved.

Good management would be talking to Hank and Danny....     not publicly stating he will not ask them to waive NMC.

Just seems like Benning  is lazy and not willing to fully explore all the options.

Look at how he dropped the ball on Hamhuis .

We need a manager that  can make moves at the right time.     Not a GM that buries his head in the ground..... or sticks his fingers in his ears....

Iggy has a NMC and he said no last year but is warming up to the idea.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Both were moved.

Good management would be talking to Hank and Danny....     not publicly stating he will not ask them to waive NMC.

Just seems like Benning  is lazy and not willing to fully explore all the options.

We need a manager that  can make moves at the right time.     Not a GM that buries his head in the ground..... or sticks his fingers in his ears....

Lol Hamhuis excercises his ntc and JB dropped the ball. 

That's a good one. 

33 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Both were moved.

AFAIK neither Iggy or Gretzky had NMC's either.... Also it takes 2 to tango.  Everybody makes up all these trades but this isn't NHL17. 

42 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So glad you're not our GM...

Actually i am glad not to be the Canucks GM.

All the  Koolaid drinkers  / rah rah fans would be butt hurt when i held the vets accountable.....

Would suck to actually hold the mantra    " Earned and not given "

Right now JB only holds the kids accountable and lets our vets relax in the country club atmosphere....

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Both were moved.

Dude check out info on teams and their cap hits.  

Archived