The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jets @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, coolboarder said:

They have no muscle and majority of the roster is young.   The Sedins were on the ice and how do you suppose Sedin will hold them accountable?  They have no muscle to stand up and the only muscle they have is their brain.   When linesman stopped Hansen before it got into a full scale fight.  "That's today's NHL for you.  In the past, you'd see linesman let them go until it's time to separate them. Even if you make them accountable, they'd do it again.  There's no fear of God to back off anymore even if they respond like Probert did to them.  They have referee who called roughing on Hansen when he responded.  The referee is the problem to how they response dating back to 2011 cup final where the ref still call a penalty on Sedin when he did virtually nothing.  That's the problem with referee in which teams choose not to respond anymore.   The only remedy is to take revenge the other way, the other time to deliberate injury other player like Gordie Howe did, he bide his time and response accordingly with "hockey play" on purpose.

We just have to have patience and take it. Like we always do.

8 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

The fans suffered through a crappy season to get that #6 overall pick... so yeah I'd like us to hit on that pick!  This team is lacking elite skill more than they are lacking toughness.  The teams winning in todays NHL have elite skill at all 3 positions and solid depth at all positions.  We are lacking this.  We are hoping that Boeser will be an elite forward, Juolevi will be an elite D man and Demko will be an elite Goalie.  That is the hope.  We will just have to be patient and wait.  I don't buy the argument that we lose because we aren't tough.  We lose because we lack skill and our elite skilled forwards in the Sedins are past their prime.  We have some great pieces for the future in Horvat, Hutton, Stecher, but we are rebuilding.  Do I care if Virtanen never becomes a 1st line player and peaks at a 3rd liner?  Of course I do.  If Ehlers ends up a perennial top scorer in the NHL I'll be pissed.  Why?... because my favourite team needs to hit on all their draft picks to build a championship team.  I don't know about you but I'm sick of being cupless.  Does it matter where they are drafted?  Of course not.  I'll take a Norris trophy D man in the second round.  Unfortunately other then Pavel Bure and Sedins the Canucks have never drafted elite skill in any round.  I want a Stanley Cup and nothing else matters.

No team hits on all their picks.

You won't know what Virtanen is going to be for a few years and his skill package is one of those that could be a home run if turns out. If it doesn't become a home run then he could still be a Hansen type of player.

You need a new hobby like maybe fishing or something. We have enough drama queens on this site.

6 hours ago, coastal1 said:

so over those 3 years, the coach has not changed but the Sedins have gotten three years older. The easy reply is that WD had no impact in year 1 but a strong impact in year 2! If you like Torterella so much, tell me what he said about the players on this team when he left. This team does not have a coaching problem, it has a players' problem.

Well lets see, with no name players, The Jackets are the upswing under Tort's system. Our team, with frankly a better roster,  is on the downswing under what Willie may call a "system" 

facts dont lie 

9 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

neither does a cheap-ass knee on knee, but there you go. There are lots of "soft" players like Gaudreau and always will be, so you have to have other guys that keep teams honest. 

why do you call Gaudreau soft? Is Crosby soft?

9 hours ago, coastal1 said:

why do you call Gaudreau soft? Is Crosby soft?

the total lack of physical play. Can you imagine little johnny getting beat on like a Sedin each night? He's be injured 40 games a year. 

Sid, no he gets into it a bit more and takes way more hits to get it done. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived