The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Willie Watch

JM_

14 minutes ago, menace said:

The Coach has the Team on edge, ever worked for an incompetent Manager?. Same deal everyone is suffering paralysis by over analysis. Lets clutch the sticks a little harder now boys!

What are you talking about. I don't think I have read anything so ridiculous in all my time on here. If they are clutching their sticks harder it is because they couldn't score on an empty net and they are embarrassed by it.

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'd agree with you if this was just 10 games, but its 2+ seasons and Willie has been very underwhelming imo. A change can't hurt at this point, if we go down to something like 4-11-1 its likely over for this year unless they can mount some kind of heroic comeback for the wildcard. 

I'm sure you were leading the parade and saying the same thing when AV was fired. 

RtrEEoC.gif

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'd agree with you if this was just 10 games, but its 2+ seasons and Willie has been very underwhelming imo. A change can't hurt at this point, if we go down to something like 4-11-1 its likely over for this year unless they can mount some kind of heroic comeback for the wildcard. 

A coach has to evaluate, then deploy players in a manner which gives his team the best chance to compete.  We're only going to win a % of games with our personnel.

What we want is, in and among, the players playing fundamentally sound games at high intensity level. That is what I witnessed against Montreal.

Next, we'll start using pressure on the point, in the neutral zone, on the puck, to apply pressure and create turnovers. The 4th line, now that Dorsett & Burrows are back, get it. Gaunce created numerous chances yesterday. Horvat does it. More have to learn, which takes repetition. Then over time, the younger players, and Eriksson it would seem, will learn when is their chance to burst as opportunities present themselves.

By the way, WD did have the team playing this game in his first year.  And we over achieved at 101 points.  I believe he will get through to the 2knd and 3rd line.  They'll learn to score. And we'll be back in the middle of the pack.

14 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

With this roster we do need great. Any average coach isnt going to reverse time and get the Sedins scoring again. An average coach isn't going to get Baertchi to breakout or Eriksson to get out of his slump. Turn Sutter into a scoring center, something he's never been. A really great coach could possibly make this lineup do something but it's just not going to happen with an average coach.

I'm not a Willie apologist or fan, i couldn't care less if he gets fired but it's not going to fix the problem. I'd be ecstatic if it did but I dont see it.

Look at what your saying. Our teams hope resides in giving a guy like Stecher more ice time? That says a lot. I say keep him away from this mess and let him develop. Give our young guys more ice time is going to help us win? Who? Baertchi is getting plenty and not doing anything, Virtanen deserves less time with his unispired play. Horvat is the only "young" guy that could deserve more ice time but he gets quite a bit of ice time.

Why not put your best young player (leading scorer Horvat) on a line with Eriksson instead of sometimes with Virt & sometimes with Skille...??? And then why not give this line more offensive starts???

Why is Larsen & Sbisa togeteher? Even I know that wasn't going to work out before they even tried it...

Why not put Tryamkin in a game??? He did play 20 last year & did alright, no?

Baer  Horvat  Eriksson

Sedin  Sedin  Hansen

Granlund Sutter Virtanen

Dorsett  Gaunce  Burrows

Edler Stecher

Hutton Gubranson

Tryamkin Tanev

20 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

You are defending this. 

Untitled.jpg

Generating chances hasn't really been the problem oddly enough. They just need to start capitalizing on some of them. That is why IMO the teams needs a shakeup, because it's not that they are playing poorly but that they are gripping their sticks too tight and wasting grade A scoring chances 

3 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Why not put your best young player (leading scorer Horvat) on a line with Eriksson instead of sometimes with Virt & sometimes with Skille...??? And then why not give this line more offensive starts???

Why is Larsen & Sbisa togeteher? Even I know that wasn't going to work out before they even tried it...

Why not put Tryamkin in a game??? He did play 20 last year & did alright, no?

Wish I could rep this 3 times as you've pretty much summed up the three reason WD is frustrating me right now..

I would love to hear his answers to these question, as I truly can't brainstorm a single logical reason for any of it

4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

What are you talking about. I don't think I have read anything so ridiculous in all my time on hear. If they are clutching their sticks harder it is because they couldn't score on an empty net and they are embarrassed by it.

Penguins had this problem twice and pulled the trigger and it worked out for them.

6 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Generating chances do you no good at all when you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

yeah, c'mon Willie, hit the net you dumbass.

If he weren't so dumb he'd have made the adjustment:  the "hit the net" system.

next coach please.

2 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Wish I could rep this 3 times as you've pretty much summed up the three reason WD is frustrating me right now..

I would love to hear his answers to these question, as I truly can't brainstorm a single logical reason for any of it

Baer  Horvat  Eriksson

Sedin  Sedin  Hansen

Granlund Sutter Virtanen

Dorsett  Gaunce  Burrows

Edler Stecher

Hutton Gubranson

Tryamkin Tanev

Try that William Desjardins...

30 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

What are you talking about. I don't think I have read anything so ridiculous in all my time on here. If they are clutching their sticks harder it is because they couldn't score on an empty net and they are embarrassed by it.

Really? that is the most ridiculous thing you have read on here? 

Why is it so ridiculous to think that the team may be on edge due to WD? His mannerisms and the way he has handled this team, not only this year but last, all line up with that

If the fans are questioning him you don't think it's possible the players may have their doubts also? Or is it really your opinion that every fan who is questioning WD just knows nothing about hockey and has no legitimate reason to be questioning his decisions?

28 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

A coach has to evaluate, then deploy players in a manner which gives his team the best chance to compete.  We're only going to win a % of games with our personnel.

What we want is, in and among, the players playing fundamentally sound games at high intensity level. That is what I witnessed against Montreal.

Next, we'll start using pressure on the point, in the neutral zone, on the puck, to apply pressure and create turnovers. The 4th line, now that Dorsett & Burrows are back, get it. Gaunce created numerous chances yesterday. Horvat does it. More have to learn, which takes repetition. Then over time, the younger players, and Eriksson it would seem, will learn when is their chance to burst as opportunities present themselves.

By the way, WD did have the team playing this game in his first year.  And we over achieved at 101 points.  I believe he will get through to the 2knd and 3rd line.  They'll learn to score. And we'll be back in the middle of the pack.

I guess what concerns me is, if we do make the playoffs, can Willie adjust or do we just get ripped apart again? 

I hope you're right about the lines tho. 

34 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

It must have really ripped your knitting when the Canucks had 42 shots on goal last night.

Sure 15 extra against a hung over team that didn't take us seriously. 

Don't delude yourself on the shot total, that was a reflection of Montreal more than us. 

I love the effort the team is showing individually, you can't fairly call any of them out on effort. But that gets squandered by a coach like Willie. He said today on the radio that he's sticking with this system "no other choice" he said. So that tells me this is the best Willie can come up with. 

Hey I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but if I was Aqulini I'd be firing WD today. 

11 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Only 2 things could happen. We might not score like we already are doing, or we might actually score... :blink:

Also injecting Tryamkin in might mean he could be better than -9 Larsen, if not can't be any worse can he...:blink:

26 minutes ago, oldnews said:

yeah, c'mon Willie, hit the net you dumbass.

If he weren't so dumb he'd have made the adjustment:  the "hit the net" system.

next coach please.

yah lets rotate it around the back of the net for a while and then nicely give it back when no one on our team is in front of the net. thats working so well. 

How can you possibly defend Willie when this is the result:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/teams/4975/vancouver-canucks/#Team Winning %$SeasonMax=9999&SeasonMin=1990

7 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Only 2 things could happen. We might not score like we already are doing, or we might actually score... :blink:

Also injecting Tryamkin in might mean he could be better than -9 Larsen, if not can't be any worse can he...:blink:

Exactly... 

and if somehow we score even less, or Tryamkin is a -5 in his first game, oh no we lost yet another game and can revert back to our slightly better losing strategy that we are currently using.. definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over when it's not working. maybe WD is trying to drive some fans insane for company

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

yah lets rotate it around the back of the net for a while and then nicely give it back when no one on our team is in front of the net. thats working so well. 

funny thing is half the time we do that we end up dishing the puck right to an opposing player, causing an odd man rush cause 3 of our guys are on the other team's goal line..

Archived