The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Willie Watch

JM_

On 3/5/2017 at 9:48 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Probably be cheering for a winning team that actually gives out opportunities based on merit vs years in the league...

Hahahaha

Oh man, you crack me up

We have a team that is worthy to be challenging Colorado for the worst season in recent memory.  Anybody that thinks that we're even remotely close to the playoffs (winning team) is out of their mind.  

This year's Canucks team featured about 10 players who couldn't crack any other lineup in the NHL.

7 hours ago, Trebreh said:

i missed the 1st 2 periods, but apparently willie d benched Goldy after scoring again? lol

Had just about the same ice time as the Sedins. Nearly 14min...wouldn't say that's being benched???

What really grinds my gears, is Shore flew from Europe to play in Vancouver. And played that night. Jake got in from college as soon as he was eligible. Laplante gets in, is ready for his first NHL game, then the coach decides to put a crappy defenceman in as forward instead. 

Is WD really on the same page as Benning? 

my vote would be to keep willie for another year. the team is in transistion so i doubt another coach is going to be anymore successful that willie may be next year. at least give him a couple of months next year. i want to see him coach with a healthy line up with improved play from young and old. if he can't get them playing inspiring hockey then make a change.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What really grinds my gears, is Shore flew from Europe to play in Vancouver. And played that night. Jake got in from college as soon as he was eligible. Laplante gets in, is ready for his first NHL game, then the coach decides to put a crappy defenceman in as forward instead. 

honestly how do you read a move like that? Had Willie not gone for that idiotic coaches challenge, I might have thought he was on team tank. But with making that move the scary conclusion is he figured Larsen as a F was the better move.... let that sink in..... 

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

my vote would be to keep willie for another year. the team is in transistion so i doubt another coach is going to be anymore successful that willie may be next year. at least give him a couple of months next year. i want to see him coach with a healthy line up with improved play from young and old. if he can't get them playing inspiring hockey then make a change.

but he had a healthy lineup his first year and could not coach in the playoffs. Nothing Willie has done has shown any change in his style or decision making. 

No, better to start with a new coach and new systems heading into the year instead of scrambling mid-season, that would be harder on the kids development imo. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't think they're reading from the same library.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think they're reading from the same library.

yah but Larsen as a F, I mean thats genius right?

Why bother playing Larsen for 12 shifts? What possible benefit is there? With Laplante, maybe you get a look at a prospect, see where he's at, etc.

All we know is Larsen is bad at two things. 

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived