The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks prospects nominated for 2017 NCAA awards

elvis15

This has been posted across the various prospect threads, but we have three of our prospects nominated for college awards.

Brock Boeser and William Lockwood - Hobey Baker

Boeser and Lockwood are both in the preliminary nominees and currently have fan voting going on here: http://www.hobeybaker.com/vote

Boeser has a chance even with his down year but it a ways back in the voting so a little Canucks fan help wouldn't hurt. Lockwood's way back but could be in the running next year. The next prospect's teammate, Zach Aston-Reese, is also in the voting for the Baker.

Adam Gaudette - Walter Brown Award

This award is for the best American born Div1 player in New England. Again, his teammate Aston-Reese is nominated, and they're up against pther Hobey Baker nominees in players like Clayton Keller and Charlie McAvoy: http://www.gonu.com/news/2017/2/7/mens-ice-hockey-aston-reese-and-gaudette-nominated-for-walter-brown-award.aspx

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

This has been posted across the various prospect threads, but.... 

Elvis, the man himself, admitting that his thread may be redundant? Oh the irony... :bigblush:

Just kidding. Seems thread worthy to me. Nice to see that our prospects are getting recognition. Makes me hopeful for the future of the franchise. 

Good thread +1

Think Gaudette gets the Walter Brown award

Hobey Baker award is tough to predict so many choices and not a ton of visibility within it. Think most of it dies down to playoff success anyways so anyone's game right now.

Aston-Reese, would be a good pickup but I don't think he has the skill to be a top 6 in the NHL from what I've been reading he's more of a bottom 6 project .

Free prospects are always nice to have though.

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Lockwood's a stretch, as is Boeser even if he picks it up. There are plenty of players having better years.

Agreed. Highly doubt either will win it unless Boeser goes on an absolute tear and goes on a crazy streak averaging 2-3 points a night for the rest of the season. 

Archived