The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bo Horvats' MRI Negative

Bo fan

14 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

CT scan will not show fractures to the inner bone though... 

This could be still more serious..... maybe need more time off than people think. 

CLXT's will tell you otherwise.

22 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Very true, he's more than likely out for a couple of games.

Still though, could be way worse! 

As KOS said:

21 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Bone Bruise can be a longer recovery...  I hope they take time with Bo.   This season is a write off.   We will need Bo to take charge next year and lead the team.....

We will need a 100 % healthy Bo.     Take some time Bo and don't rush back....

What is a bone bruise?
The term bone bruise is a misnomer and makes the injury seem less serious than it is.  A so-called bone bruise is actually a fracturing of the inner layer of bone.
Bones are composed of 2 different types of bony tissue, the compact (cortical) bone and the cancellous (spongy) bone.  

How do you diagnose a bone bruise?
We normally use a combination of patient history, physical examination and MRI to diagnose a fracture to the inner layer of bone.  However, injuries to the inner bone will not be evident on xray or CT scan.

What is the normal treatment for a bone bruise?
I usually recommend bracing or other immobilization of the area to allow it time to heal and to protect it from additional injury that can be caused by bearing weight on the injured area.  Activities also need to be restricted during this healing period, particularly sports play, which can result in additional acute trauma, causing greater injury and/or prolonging the healing time.

How long do you normally expect recovery to take?
Recovery can take several months because the inner layer of bone takes longer to heal than the outer bone.

Until we have more info, I wouldn't call this 'good' news. He could very well be out for a month + if it's serious. Could only be a week or two if not. I'm not doing cartwheels yet...

On a positive note, it's one step closer to Hischier :wacko: :towel::wacko:

21 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I'm not sure why some call him Ox. He reminds me of a bull the way he takes ice and makes plays. Bull Horvat kinda has a ring to it.

It's nice that even though this season won't end with many wins that we still have some players to be excited about.

Bull are studs but an OX will plow your field and feed the whole town. 

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Oh no, not you too! Its called a lottery for a reason, most people lose when they play. 

Me too what? 

Oh, I don't expect to win one of the top 2 picks. I mean the Canucks are due some %$#@'ing luck in that regard but given our history, I'd not be surprised to get screwed over again :lol:

:(:wacko:

36 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Until we have more info, I wouldn't call this 'good' news. He could very well be out for a month + if it's serious. Could only be a week or two if not. I'm not doing cartwheels yet...

On a positive note, it's one step closer to Hischier

It should be a clear sign that we should be selling.  We are just barely hanging on to playoff hopes, with out Bo for any amount of time and those hopes are shattered.  Time to start receiving and negotiating deals to move out vet.

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It should be a clear sign that we should be selling.  We are just barely hanging on to playoff hopes, with out Bo for any amount of time and those hopes are shattered.  Time to start receiving and negotiating deals to move out vet.

Tend to agree unfortunately...

19 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Me too what? 

Oh, I don't expect to win one of the top 2 picks. I mean the Canucks are due some %$#@'ing luck in that regard but given our history, I'd not be surprised to get screwed over again :lol:

:(:wacko:

Yah, thats for sure.  

I'm not buying this "worst draft ever" thing thats going around, there is a lot of good talent in the top 15 and beyond. OK so no McJesus, oh well. 

I'm really curious about Jim's Euro scooting and what he might come up with over there, he did eyeball Tryamkin when a lot of teams passed him by. 

16 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Without Bo I think we'll just get overwhelmed by teams like the Penguins and the situation will become clear. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah, thats for sure.  

I'm not buying this "worst draft ever" thing thats going around, there is a lot of good talent in the top 15 and beyond. OK so no McJesus, oh well. 

I'm really curious about Jim's Euro scooting and what he might come up with over there, he did eyeball Tryamkin when a lot of teams passed him by. 

It's not a horrible draft. As you say, just no elite talent on the top end and I'd say it drops off after the 3rd round'ish. There's some very good players available between those two extremes though.

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Without Bo I think we'll just get overwhelmed by teams like the Penguins and the situation will become clear. 

Even with Bo the situation should be clear, When your playoff odds are only 7.1%, a lot of things will have to go right in order for us to make the playoffs, selling off a few pieces doesn’t really effect that.  We can still sell and compete for playoffs.

Selling doesn’t change the fact that we will still need to remain healthy, we’d need top end goaltending and the twins would need to start producing consistently.  Without those things happening selling vs not selling we won’t make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

It's not a horrible draft. As you say, just no elite talent on the top end and I'd say it drops off after the 3rd round'ish. There's some very good players available between those two extremes though.

From JB's interview he thought that there were a lot of top end guys, but not the type that can step in as 18 year olds,  They kids that will take a few years but could end up being really good players. 

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

We could see Jim go  off the board again too.  I'm really hoping Benning can land us a college FA as well.

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

From JB's interview he thought that there were a lot of top end guys, but not the type that can step in as 18 year olds,  They kids that will take a few years but could end up being really good players. 

Yup, very good players just no 'elite' guys who can step right in. I'm fine with picking Hischier at 2 and having him take 2-3 years ::D

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

We could see Jim go  off the board again too.  I'm really hoping Benning can land us a college FA as well.

?

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

Lockwood at 64th. Jim went away from the rankings and took a bet on a guy people though may go much much later. 

'Off the board' in the 3rd doesn't really mean anything :lol: Once you start getting to the tail end of the 2nd, it's more crap shoot than science.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

'Off the board' in the 3rd doesn't really mean anything :lol: Once you start getting to the tail end of the 2nd, it's more crap shoot than science.

Unless you grab a Gaudraeu or Benn before anyone else. Sure its a long shot but it does happen.

Archived