The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎11 at 4:34 AM, bp79 said:

not sure if you are referring to my post or not. All I was saying is that If Demko can step in next year and be the guy we all know he should become, that will cut down or GAA. Now depending on who we draft. If its A dman, fingers crossed on Dhalen we could have A top 6 of Edler Tanev, OJ Dhalen maybe A UFA or A trade. If not Delzotto and poosalot ( i used that name first seems to have caught on, boy did I take crap pardon the pun when I used it lol)  With anyone of Holm Brisbois or stech as the 7th guy. Our top 9 hopefully if the rooks show it will be A nice mix  I think Vaneck and the twins based on the disrespect of linden towards the twins, and since all 3 seem to be A package deal I'm not sure if they will be back. Either way for Linden of all people to disrespect the 2 best players ever to wear this uniform is sad, This is just me but I see A top 9 of BO Brock Sven Dhalen Petterson Gaudette the twins Vaneck and Virt. With Virt and Dhalen splitting time with granny and Sutter on the 4th. With Louie and goldie in the box rotating with whoever is playing poorly. Not ideal, but if the rooks outperform the vets, whadda you going to do? And that's not including Lind Gadonavich or if we draft A forward this year. or we can pull A Colorado and go young. I guess it really comes back to Thatch As we all know an elite goalie can cover a lot of mistakes young guys might make.This also doesn't include any trades.

I am nobody just A fan with some thoughts. I hope people instead of attacking me will give there two cents. Do we need the twins and Vaneck? Gags has got to go. Louie is good defensively and can be A good role model. That being said if he is impeding say Dhalin for instance then send him to Utica. He still gets his 6 mill.

Again not sure if this was directed towards me. All I was saying was best case scenario with Demko 3rd in save% on A crap team plus most of our rookies at the top of there league in ppg or points the future is brighter than it ever was. Plus over 20 mill in cap space to0 go out and sign A couple of players and yes the Canucks could very easily be fighting for the weak Pacific, No Disrespect meant, especially since I'm only 90% sure you are quoting my post, but if you are you want to explain why instead of oh I dunno using some facts to prove your point instead you just bash what I say. Is that how you act in the real world? Whats wrong with having an actual convo? funny thing is if we were at A bar discussing this I highly doubt your attitude would be so bold. since I'm 6,8 364 and all my friends enjoy riding Harleys. Not A threat in any way. Just showing how the littlest twits act so tough on the computer. Again let me reiterate I am not saying that is the kind of person you are but based on your comments you were towing the line. Me I'm A nice guy, but you talk like that to other people and they might be offended over it.Over what? to guys who both love the Canucks yet we can't even respect each other? What is this Detroit?         

You got to take CDC with a grain of salt. Half here cheer for other teams . They just come to bash. The other's are fans that take everything TSN says ,and feel their posts are going onto their TSN application form. Somewhere in the middle you usually find true fans like yourself. And many times we the fans are right. You make some Valid points. And I am sure that's exactly why GM Jim Benning was extended. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Petersson Gaudette Boeser 

Goldobin Horvat Dahlen

Granulnd Sutter Gagner 

Gaunce MacEwen Virtanen 

Dahlen on right wing?  I know that one clip shows him on the right but I thought he was either center or LW. 

Regardless, I feel that besides Pettersson that Dahlen is our strongest prospect, with Lind perhaps taking up the third spot.  I feel Dahlen has 1st line potential, and Lind maybe 1st or 2nd, but both may not be ready for maximum responsibility yet so in my mock lineup in 2 years (assuming nobody gets traded) I factor it like this:

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Dahlen Pettersson Lind

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

Virtanen Gaudette Archibald

I want to see Dahlen and Pettersson work their chemistry on our 2nd line for a couple of years.

Others waiting in the wings (literally): Gadjovich, Lockwood, Palmu, Goldobin, Gaunce.  I am not sure I see MacEwen as a top prospect, to be honest.

Besides that, we also don't know how successful Gaudette will be in the NHL at all - yet, you want to factor him on the first line?  I sure hope he becomes that good, but that's an incredibly lofty goal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kloubek said:

Dahlen on right wing?  I know that one clip shows him on the right but I thought he was either center or LW. 

Regardless, I feel that besides Pettersson that Dahlen is our strongest prospect, with Lind perhaps taking up the third spot.  I feel Dahlen has 1st line potential, and Lind maybe 1st or 2nd, but both may not be ready for maximum responsibility yet so in my mock lineup in 2 years (assuming nobody gets traded) I factor it like this:

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Dahlen Pettersson Lind

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

I want to see Dahlen and Pettersson work their chemistry on our 2nd line for a couple of years.

Others waiting in the wings (literally): Gadjovich, Lockwood, Palmu, Goldobin, Gaunce.  I am not sure I see MacEwen as a top prospect, to be honest.

Besides that, we also don't know how successful Gaudette will be in the NHL at all - yet, you want to factor him on the first line?  I sure hope he becomes that good, but that's an incredibly lofty goal.

If Dahlen is a our second best prospect then the farm is going to be stocked next year.

The crest of the next wave is already here.  Honestly would love to add another top 3 talent at any position but feel that our mix of forwards coming into Utica will be very successful transitioning to the NHL. 

Time to trade away whatever we can to catch up the defence this year. OJ should be good, Trymakin needs to be woed back and then JB needs to work his scouting magic and find that d man this club sorely lacks. Unless we end up in the 1st pick some creative and potentially risky moves need to be made to address this. 

If we end up with in either the 2 or 3 spot, grab either of the top wingers. But at that point moves have to be made. Without someone to get the puck out of the zone, we will become the next Oilers at worst or the next Capitals team. A team with all the talent in the world, but could never get that crucial defender to put them over the top. 

EmW

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Dahlen Pettersson Lind

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

I also thought that Dahlen was specifically a LW until I was checking how to spell his name properly and saw that he shoots right. Pettersson has played in all three positions. I have a feeling he might be more successful as a winger who doesnt have to fight the big centres in the league like Getzlaf, Kopitar, etc.. Horvat can go up against anyone but on a good team I see him being an ideal 2nd line centre. I agree that Dahlen has first line potential but I think its more important that Boeser has players who can pass him the puck. I think ideally Pettersson proves me wrong and takes the #1 centre position with Dahlen and Boeser as wingers solidifying our first line. 

I think Lind will be a second liner as well. He has incredible passing/ play making skills and an edge to go with it. A lot of people have Gaudette pencilled in as a solid 3 line centre who brings offence and an edge but I think he could be more.  The last guy who dominated college hockey that much was Brock Boeser. Gaudette has a drive to win. He wills things to happen. He might not be as flashy as Pettersson or Boeser but he also might be the guy were looking for on the first line. Then there is Goldobin who has showed flashes of brilliant skill. We have a bunch prospects with top 6 potential and it seems like a pretty good problem to have. I think only time will tell untill we know what we have with these prospects. 

I think Zack MacEwen has gone somewhat under the radar. He skates very well for a big guy and can chip in offensively. He also fights when needed. Similar to a Zack Kassian. He is having a really impressive first season in the AHL.  I have high hopes that he can join the new core we build. 

I am really excited to see the transition of these players and others that we continue to draft onto our team. 

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser 

Goldobin Horvat Lind 

Gadjovich Gaudette Lockwood 

Archibald MacEwen Virtanen                 

Juolevi  Bouchard 

Tyramkin  Stetcher

McEneny Foote 

Assuming we take Evan Bouchard and trade Edler for Cal Foote. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

The crest of the next wave is already here.  Honestly would love to add another top 3 talent at any position but feel that our mix of forwards coming into Utica will be very successful transitioning to the NHL. 

Time to trade away whatever we can to catch up the defence this year. OJ should be good, Trymakin needs to be woed back and then JB needs to work his scouting magic and find that d man this club sorely lacks. Unless we end up in the 1st pick some creative and potentially risky moves need to be made to address this. 

If we end up with in either the 2 or 3 spot, grab either of the top wingers. But at that point moves have to be made. Without someone to get the puck out of the zone, we will become the next Oilers at worst or the next Capitals team. A team with all the talent in the world, but could never get that crucial defender to put them over the top. 

EmW

Mostly agree with you.  I agree that our forward group should be relatively good at transitioning to the NHL.  I think at least half our young guys will be legitimate NHL players at minimum, and if that is the case we look very good indeed.  With that said, I don't think another top 3 talent is necessary to be seeking at this point, unless that person is a beast of a man who will help protect our top lines and add some physicality up there which is only currently semi-provided by Horvat.

I also agree that we need to catch up the defense, but I'm not sure what you mean by scouting.  Scouting currently undrafted talent, or talent on other teams?  Because like you say, unless we end up with the 1st pick, I just don't know if we are going to get that defenseman out of the draft.  And if we do, he is probably 2-3 years out from playing with our club and that timeline just doesn't mesh with our forwards who will start trickling onto the team by the start of next season.

For the draft - regardless of position - we need to rely on JB to make the right decisions.  Both ensure he grabs a guy who will be a solid core member of this team, but hopefully a guy who can transition to the NHL as soon as possible.  Even if that is a forward, it just means we're going to then trade our abundance of forward talent to bring one or two highly talented defensive prospects into the fold.  

Charlie Macavoy is a good example. I think Evan Bouchard could be the guy out of this years group. He has the mobility, point shot, and size that translate to the pro game. He doesnt have the sick skating and dangles that you get from Dahlin, Boqvist, Hughes or some others. This is where scouting skill comes in. 

I also think Bouchard would pair well with Juolevi. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Charlie Macavoy is a good example. I think Evan Bouchard could be the guy out of this years group. He has the mobility, point shot, and size that translate to the pro game. He doesnt have the sick skating and dangles that you get from Dahlin, Boqvist, Hughes or some others. This is where scouting skill comes in. 

I also think Bouchard would pair well with Juolevi. 

I believe Bouchard was the new guy on the Knights defence that Juolevi was helping out early last season.

Also, Dahlen shoots left.

Mostly agree with you.  I agree that our forward group should be relatively good at transitioning to the NHL.  I think at least half our young guys will be legitimate NHL players at minimum, and if that is the case we look very good indeed.  With that said, I don't think another top 3 talent is necessary to be seeking at this point, unless that person is a beast of a man who will help protect our top lines and add some physicality up there which is only currently semi-provided by Horvat.

I also agree that we need to catch up the defense, but I'm not sure what you mean by scouting.  Scouting currently undrafted talent, or talent on other teams?  Because like you say, unless we end up with the 1st pick, I just don't know if we are going to get that defenseman out of the draft.  And if we do, he is probably 2-3 years out from playing with our club and that timeline just doesn't mesh with our forwards who will start trickling onto the team by the start of next season.

For the draft - regardless of position - we need to rely on JB to make the right decisions.  Both ensure he grabs a guy who will be a solid core member of this team, but hopefully a guy who can transition to the NHL as soon as possible.  Even if that is a forward, it just means we're going to then trade our abundance of forward talent to bring one or two highly talented defensive prospects into the fold.  

Trymakin was a third rounder. That’s scouting.

If we are in the 4-6 spots, a likely occurance, then scouting is going to play hugely in our pick. 

This team is two to three years away from becoming a legitimate threat. So whomever we draft this year should figure prominently in that club. 

If there is a McAvoy, Kieth or Karlsson type player then we need to walk away with them. Wether by trading away a good asset or getting some luck in the lower rounds. 

I really like Bouchards game, but there is an abundance of defenders slated to be drafted in the first round. Maybe Wilde is the guy, or Woo. McAvoy was the 17th pick and was playing in the NHL by the end of the next season. 

JB needs to make that type of event happen. 

Edited by Eastcoast meets Westcoast
  • Upvote 1