The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's also likely that the Canucks will be a team with megna's, shores etc, while the boeser's, virtanen's etc will spend the year in Utica growing together.

Ughghgh I can't wait to read all the pissing and moaning....:rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Ughghgh I can't wait to read all the pissing and moaning....:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's going to be a ride.  Tankers are going to get a good taste of "be careful what you ask for" next season I think.

However, those of us who watch the Comets games as much as the Canucks games will have a lot of young guys to watch.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Yeah, it's going to be a ride.  Tankers are going to get a good taste of "be careful what you ask for" next season I think.

However, those of us who watch the Comets games as much as the Canucks games will have a lot of young guys to watch.

YYYY thhheyyy NoooTTTT CAALLLLLL upp DAAAAAHHHlllEEnZZZZZZZZZZZ??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!:frantic:

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Timra IK is playing but it looks like Dahlen isn't. Was going to try and watch thinking he was playing but not now haha. Assuming he's a healthy scratch?

Why would you assume that?  He's one of the top players in the league.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Timra IK is playing but it looks like Dahlen isn't. Was going to try and watch thinking he was playing but not now haha. Assuming he's a healthy scratch?

He's a healthy scratch this game because he's resting for the J20 playoffs match tomorrow as per timra ik twitter: 

He'll play in J20 in playoffs and rests therefore

and 

J20 plays their first match in the finals tomorrow!

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why would you assume that?  He's one of the top players in the league.

Good guess by me

2 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

He's a healthy scratch this game because he's resting for the J20 playoffs match tomorrow as per timra ik twitter: 

He'll play in J20 in playoffs and rests therefore

and 

J20 plays their first match in the finals tomorrow!

and thanks for the update

30 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Good guess by me

and thanks for the update

No problem.! I'm waiting to hear back but as I understand thus far the season for timra ik is over, but Jonathan dahlen has been promoted to play for The J20 team in the playoffs!! 

He he got the night off so he'd be well rested for the more important game.

• Upvote 1

Jonathan dahlen will play for J20 in the playoffs in a best of three matchup starting tomorrow: 

Timra J20 will play against Brynäs round of J20 in a best of three match series where Timrå home advantage due to its sixth position in the league. JSM begins on Wednesday with away game for Timra and on Friday the team will play at home as well as a potentially decisive match on Saturday. On Friday played the game at 19:00 of the NHK Arena and admission is free for everyone. Lander Café is to stay open.

A potentially decisive game played the day after on Saturday, March 18th at 12:00.

If Timra moves on from eighth finals they will play a quarterfinal with the same layup . Best of three.

After that stage  playing semi-finals, Bronze Final and Final will be crucial single matches.

Let's go JD!

Gonna be an interesting boxcar watching side contest to compare Dahlén with Jašek during these playoffs.

Both are 97-born 19-year-olds. Both were arguably the best U20 players this season in their respective nations' second tier men's leagues. Both are now joining their top junior leagues for the playoffs.

Jašek is having quite a run at the U20 level (I've updated his progress in the Jašek thread). Would be great to see if Dahlén can match this.

Also, I'm curious if anyone knows rough league scoring equivalencies between Allsvenskan vs. WSM Liga and SuperElit J20 vs Extraliga Junioru (Czech U20)?

I suspect the Swedish leagues are higher level/quality but it would still be intriguing to compare scoring rates between the two (in light of our two prospects).

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Gonna be an interesting boxcar watching side contest to compare Dahlén with Jašek during these playoffs.

Both are 97-born 19-year-olds. Both were arguably the best U20 players this season in their respective nations' second tier men's leagues. Both are now joining their top junior leagues for the playoffs.

Manage to find any updated specs on them?  Thought someone reported earlier in the season that Jasek had grown and was over 6' now.

I think it's absolutely imperative to get him signed this summer and bring him to Utica. He has nothing left to prove in the tier 2 league and would be much better off playing in the AHL than in the Czech tier 1 league. Out of all the prospects we can sign and bring over this summer, he might be my highest priority. 

I want to see what type of player he becomes in Utica. Mainly whether he can find a way for his scoring to translate or become an effective bottom 6 player. I think he is capable of playing either role based on what I've heard in the past about his speed. But I really want him coming over and learning the game over here. 

EDIT: Whoops! Wrong section. :lol:

I saw the last post had Jasek in it and just went for it. 

Edited by Horvat is a Boss