The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, even back in college, I’m pretty sure he was playing wing on that CCM line with Compher and Connor. 

But @aGENT is right about Utica and our centre depth in the system. Could be he’s needed down the middle, depending on what the roster looks like.

Also depends on cassels. He’s stepped up big this year and was playing 1st line centre for a while when Megna and chaput weren’t playing in Utica’s lineup. I think he could challenge for a #1 C spot on Utica next year, hopefully along side Dahlen. Maybe Motte pushed down to the second line in the case

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No Dahlén in the lineup today. According to Twitter (not gonna post the source as it was in Portuguese) he just has a cold and shouldn’t be out too long.

EDIT: And I’m still trying to figure out why Timrå has Portuguese fans (kidding  here obviously).

Out with a Cold, yes

Flu running around The troup, hopefully They get in under control for the playoffs

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Wow, didn't realize their season ends so early. Best of luck in the playoffs (though I also wouldn't mind getting a look at him in North America either...)

Still a lot of postseason hockey to play. Timrå (1st place) will play Leksands (2nd) in the HockeyAllsvenskan “finals” with the winner advancing to SHL qualifiers. The loser will face the winner of the HockeyAllsvenskan playoffs, and whoever wins that playoff will also go to SHL qualifiers. SHL qualifiers are two best of seven series between the bottom two SHL teams and the two advancing HockeyAllsvenskan teams.

At least that’s how I think it goes. They’ve adjusted the format a few times over the years. @ForzaTikare probably knows the specifics and whether or not I’ve botched things. 

40 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Correct 

Timrå - Leksand best of 5

Winner faces team #14 from SHL

Loser faces winner of a 6-team 5 Game series in best of 3 (teams ending 3-8 in reglar season, #3 starts with 3pts,#4 with 2pts and #5 with 1pt)

Winner faces team #13 from SHL

IF Timrå loses the BO5 and the BO3 the season ends 22nd or 24th of March, if Timrå wins either the season ends at 31/3~6/4

About as clear and easy as muddy water IF you ask me :rolleyes:

By the way, Timrås Jakob Olofsson (draft eligible this year)  got awarded best U20 player in allsvenskan (last year it was Dahlén) 

A couple earlier winners of this price is  Filip Forsberg and William Karlsson

Thanks. I thought I had it about right but like you say, the whole formal isn’t all that clear. That said, I kind of like the system itself and the way it rewards regular season excellence but also creates a meaningful playoffs.

Re: Olofsson it’s well deserved. Definitely a player worth considering, depending on where he’s available and what picks we actually have on draft day.

Have been meaning to ask you about Hållander also. Did he just cool off or was it more about the injuries and not quite getting back to where he was during the first half. I haven’t looked closely at his game by game, but it just felt like he wasn’t quite as noticeable in the second half games (and of course he missed some as well). 

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Thanks. I thought I had it about right but like you say, the whole formal isn’t all that clear. That said, I kind of like the system itself and the way it rewards regular season excellence but also creates a meaningful playoffs.

Re: Olofsson it’s well deserved. Definitely a player worth considering, depending on where he’s available and what picks we actually have on draft day.

Have been meaning to ask you about Hållander also. Did he just cool off or was it more about the injuries and not quite getting back to where he was during the first half. I haven’t looked closely at his game by game, but it just felt like he wasn’t quite as noticeable in the second half games (and of course he missed some as well). 

Hållander has been quite unlucky with a knee injury and a Flu.. Never really had a chance to get into The game between those, its been obvious how valuable he is to The team thou since the games where he's been Away Timrå has a significally lower winrate than with him in the team, his grit, size and Power even as a U18 in a mens League is incredibly impressive and IF you ask med ive Never seen anything like it... They have both said They will stay in Timrå no matter IF its in Allsvenskan or SHL so i feel ok sending you Dahlen, losing Pettersson this year etc.. Timrås youth programme seems like its on top lately! 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

Hållander has been quite unlucky with a knee injury and a Flu.. Never really had a chance to get into The game between those, its been obvious how valuable he is to The team thou since the games where he's been Away Timrå has a significally lower winrate than with him in the team, his grit, size and Power even as a U18 in a mens League is incredibly impressive and IF you ask med ive Never seen anything like it... They have both said They will stay in Timrå no matter IF its in Allsvenskan or SHL so i feel ok sending you Dahlen, losing Pettersson this year etc.. Timrås youth programme seems like its on top lately! 

Thank you for the information. 

Do you see Olofsson going in the 20-30 range and Hallander going in the 25-35 range? Would that be a decent projection?

26 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Nice to see how Dahlen does in Utica for remainder of this season and playoffs.

I don't think he's actually coming over as his league's Playoffs are going to start?

I believe that he was just saying that it was possible that he could, but he likely won't unless his team get's swept in the 1st round or something. 

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I don't think he's actually coming over as his league's Playoffs are going to start?

I believe that he was just saying that it was possible that he could, but he likely won't unless his team get's swept in the 1st round or something. 

I think there is more schedule separation than that.

5 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Thank you for the information. 

Do you see Olofsson going in the 20-30 range and Hallander going in the 25-35 range? Would that be a decent projection?

I'd even see Olofsson going top 15, but i dont know how Hard it is to find and elite 2-way centre over there? 

Hållander cold for sure be around early  round 2, he is more of an NA type of played.. Physical, powerful and doesnt mindre going into The hot spots in the corners and infront of The net 

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think there is more schedule separation than that.

I think i posted this a few posts up, if Timrå loses both playoffs to get into The direct qualifiers the season ends 22/3~24/3    IF Timrå goes though to The direct qualifiers it goes on to 31/3~6/4 depending on match scores