The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

It was unquestionably a strange sight. As crowds were pouring out of NHK Arena, satisfied with hometown team Timrå IK’s convincing 2-0 victory over hated rivals Modo Hockey, there seemed to be a contingent of fans that weren’t headed for the exits at all. In fact, they were moving closer to the ice. To an outside observer it would seem like they were waiting for something. As the minutes went by, it would turn out that they were in fact waiting for someone… that someone being Jonathan Dahlén.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/article.php?id=253

• Upvote 2

3rd round of the BO5 tonight in Timrå (ahead 2-0) Vs Leksand. The Tre kronor coach will be there scouting Dahlén as he might want to try him out for the Wold Championship.. Dahlén is leading the postseason scoring in allsvenskan with 4TP (2+2) in 2 matches.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

It was unquestionably a strange sight. As crowds were pouring out of NHK Arena, satisfied with hometown team Timrå IK’s convincing 2-0 victory over hated rivals Modo Hockey, there seemed to be a contingent of fans that weren’t headed for the exits at all. In fact, they were moving closer to the ice. To an outside observer it would seem like they were waiting for something. As the minutes went by, it would turn out that they were in fact waiting for someone… that someone being Jonathan Dahlén.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/article.php?id=253

What a great read. This tells me a lot about him.  He's not just in it for the paycheque; that will come.  At that point, his focus was on his moral commitment (and not even a legal one) to his team.  This guy is gonna be a winner.

17 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Timrå takes an early lead, scored by #27 Kinnvall (young defender) assisted by Noone else than #54 Jonathan Dahlén 

4 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

And Dahlén scores! 2-0 after 9mins

Just unreal. What a performance he’s putting up during the Final. 

Hopefully just a sneak peek at the future (obviously from a Canucks perspective as the present day is clearly the story for Timrå fans).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Just unreal. What a performance he’s putting up during the Final. 

Hopefully just a sneak peek at the future (obviously from a Canucks perspective as the present day is clearly the story for Timrå fans).

Insane, 2,0PPG so far in the postseason, and only 1 period into this game

Just had a random thought after watching some of his highlights again.  Very few guys if ever will use a slapshot when in on alone or on an odd man rush.  Only few players I can recall doing that regularly is Marian Hossa and Thomas Vanek.  Jonathan Dahlen on the other hand though, as I have seen through his highlights and even on his Penalty shot in the summer prospects showing, he is capable of doing it too.  Almost a lost art, kinda cool that he has that in his repetoire, which makes me excited because he has some many ways to score goals.

The way he just scores goals and is apart of the offensive play reminds me of Boeser too.  Works hard to get into positions to be in position and the puck just seems to find his stick wherever he goes.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The way they’ve played this year, I could see Dahlén, Pettersson, and Gaudette all make next year’s Canucks lineup. Maybe even together for a formidable “kid line.”

Dahlén-Gaudette-Pettersson

I don’t know if the Canucks would put them all together. Probably they’d mix in some veterans. But man I’d at least like to see those three play together for a preseason game or two.

Killer line...that probably won't happen next year though..I would love to see them try it all the same.

How about a couple of college kids and Baer...that leaves Bo between the Swedes:

Dahlen / Horvat / Pettersson

Baer / Gaudette / Boeser

Leipsic / Sutter / Archibald (or MacEwen if he is ready)

Sedins / Virtanen...if I have to...I guess...

Eriksson and Gaunce or Granlund as spares unless the Sedins retire...

That leaves Goldy either traded or waived to Utica and Gagner traded....Boucher and Dowd waived to Utica...

14 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Are you watching the Game @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME? Dahléns speed and stop-starts is amazing today..

Now he scored in PP for 3-0 5mins into third

The goal! 

https://twitter.com/cmoresport/status/973649224947683330?s=20

Edit: no idea how to embed it into The post :rolleyes:

How to watch the game?

cheers,

RDF

11 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Are you watching the Game @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME? Dahléns speed and stop-starts is amazing today..

Now he scored in PP for 3-0 5mins into third

The goal! 

I’ve only seen bits and pieces of the live game. I’m supposed to be working on other things and not streaming games today. So mostly just checking in on the score and watching highlights.

It’s funny how some of Dahlén’s scouting reports talk about his skating being a weakness. Really doesn’t look like a weakness in this game.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

How to watch the game?

cheers,

RDF

Since im Swedish i watch it in cmore the Swedish broadcaster of HockeyAllsvenskan and SHL.. Dont know about how to see it in Canada.. 

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’ve only seen bits and pieces of the live game. I’m supposed to be working on other things and not streaming games today. So mostly just checking in on the score and watching highlights.

It’s funny how some of Dahlén’s scouting reports talk about his skating being a weakness. Really doesn’t look like a weakness in this game.

There is a sequence in the 2nd period where his skating skills is shown... An epic run from own zone getting ahead of the D and almost scoring 

• Cheers 1