The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen gone. Who do the Golden Knights select in the expansion draft?

Nooks

1 minute ago, Hoosierdaddy said:

I'm actually fine with Eriksson and Sutter but I'd honestly rather expose one of them in the expansion draft and keep Gaunce. With the clubs new found emphasis on scoring and youth why not keep a legit 3/4th line center who can defend etc. Plus we'd clear cap space and then be able to sign someone who better fits the roster needs once we know how guys like Boeser and Goldobin pan out next year. 

Well Eriksson can't be exposed due to his contract. 

Personally I don't see a whole lot of upside in Gaunce. Sure, he's a suitable 4th liner on a bottom dwelling team. I think 4th line players should bring more intangibles. Gaunce isn't over physical, doesn't fight or PK. I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but so far he doesn't bring a whole lot to the table.

Just now, Pepe Silvia said:

Oh right. Still trying to get all the details of this expansion draft then. 

I guess I could take Skille and Megna off that list as they are both UFA after this year.

Was trying to work it out myself but you did most of the work haha good post ++

45 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Jim Benning should move one of Edler, Sbisa, Tanev, or Gudbranson, then we're in a decent spot on expansion draft day. 

Protect:

Sedin

Sedin

Eriksson

Sutter

Baertschi

Granlund

Gaunce

-1 of either Edler, Sbisa, Tanev, Gudbranson

And LV select Horvat! Oops!

If no more trades before ED then most likely exposed are:

F: Gaunce, Dorsett 

D: Sbisa, Biega

G: Bachman

guessing LV choose Sbisa

agreed that it would be good to trade a D so that we don't lose Sbisa to LV for nothing

guessing LVs second choice would be Gaunce. I could live with that. We gonna lose something!

Just now, BigTramFan said:

Yeah I know! Wish you were right!

So Gaunce is very likely exposed.

Still think LV would choose Sbisa first 

I wish I were right too, but I don't mind admitting when I'm an idiot for a second.

Available defenceman from other teams may be thin, I guess the thing JB has been asking himself over the last few months is: "What do we hope for out of the deadline? Projecting that we move a few forwards, do we get a better return out of trading a defenceman before lunch on March 1st than we think Gaunce is worth should Vegas pick a forward instead of a dman?".

If we move a dman we might get something better than Gaunce back. I like Gaunce, and it would be a shame to lose him before seeing him reach his ceiling after putting all these years into him, but losing a defenceman with value greater than Gaunce just to keep him seems like math that just doesn't add up.

Of course, that depends on some fairly big projections, like teams still shopping for any of the defencemen we have at prices that we'd be happy hearing about.

10 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I wish I were right too, but I don't mind admitting when I'm an idiot for a second.

Available defenceman from other teams may be thin, I guess the thing JB has been asking himself over the last few months is: "What do we hope for out of the deadline? Projecting that we move a few forwards, do we get a better return out of trading a defenceman before lunch on March 1st than we think Gaunce is worth should Vegas pick a forward instead of a dman?".

If we move a dman we might get something better than Gaunce back. I like Gaunce, and it would be a shame to lose him before seeing him reach his ceiling after putting all these years into him, but losing a defenceman with value greater than Gaunce just to keep him seems like math that just doesn't add up.

Of course, that depends on some fairly big projections, like teams still shopping for any of the defencemen we have at prices that we'd be happy hearing about.

Yeah I hear you. We are gonna lose something regardless of what we do. At least we won't be losing Hansen for nothing!

Archived