The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie D needs to pipe down.

Shirotashi

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I don't. But I do believe one set of players will be about as truthful as the other.

It was a question that you posed, not me. If we weren't assuming a truthful answer it's kind of a pointless statement isn't it.

I was just replying to a member of the Willie fan club that asserted that Willie is a good coach because his players said so in interviews.  I replied by injecting a bit of sarasm.

Just now, coho8888 said:

I was just replying to a member of the Willie fan club that asserted that Willie is a good coach because his players said so in interviews.  I replied by injecting a bit of sarasm.

Hell man, I love coho on the barbeque. I can't hate you for having the wrong hockey opinion.default_laugh.png

WD is doing good things for this team: keeping a fighting mentality in the players and losing respectively for a high draft pick. Sounds like a good way to transition a team. 

Anything about player development and deployment, you need to bring GM JB into the discussion as well because according to him they have on going regular talks about those very topics. WD comments on Tryamkin, while untimely, were not untrue and if I was Tryamkin I would be taking "WD said I can win games for the team" quote straight to his contract negotiations. 

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

I see you are taking a page out of wall streets playbooks by slandering posters and still not showing anything of credible evidence to prove the contrary.  So what do you resort to.. trying to dicredit the poster, not the post.. yup Willie sucks cause you say he does.. 

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Total bollocks said by someone who doesn't remember how Try played at the end of season 205-16

As for your Stecher remark, you just don't get it do you - you have no clue about developing youngsters IN ANY SPORT. He hands out the minutes based on how hard they work, stamina, compete level, ability and ability to learn and take on coaching. 

You can't see any of that, you base everything on age and favouritism, you don't see any of what goes on in the room or in practice, you don't even give credit to players own testimonies. In short you appear to be riddled with bias that sours everything you see.

Obviously you have no clue how Tryamkin played in the KHL. You are far too biased wanting to think it was 100% Willie. It wasn't at all. Did he need some time to adjust to the NHL? Absolutely. Did he suddenly go from being a terrible player who needed to start putting things together to a good one under Desjardins? Nope, he was that player in the KHL long before Willie got a hold of him. That's really not debatable as fact. 

Keep towing the party line about giving out ice time fairly based on those things. Your coach will quietly keep proving you wrong by deploying players as top line/pairing and PP guys who have not learned or improved in his three years here and who are among the laziest defensive players on the team. 

17 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Sure if you believe that current players will give the media an honest assessment of their coach's abilities in an interview.

Here let me spell it out for you a little clearer.. it's not interviews that lead myself and many others to the conclusion.  It's the private conversations that happen between players like bear, Grans and Shore that have me believe what they are saying.. but you can keep trying.. ;) 

5 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

I see you are taking a page out of wall streets playbooks by slandering posters and still not showing anything of credible evidence to prove the contrary.  So what do you resort to.. trying to dicredit the poster, not the post.. yup Willie sucks cause you say he does.. 

I hate to see folks reduce themselves to the name calling level. Are we not brotherly 'Nuckleheads after all?

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I hate to see folks reduce themselves to the name calling level. Are we not brotherly 'Nuckleheads after all?

It's getting old.. the amount of times in the last week I've seen these guys call people stupid, morons , delusional, homers.  If it's not a direct name, they try to belittle the poster to make it seem like they have the moral ground. Tactics used by somebody who doesn't have much of an argument to make.  Think it's time for some growing up on these forums 

Just now, TheOgRook said:

It's getting old.. the amount of times in the last week I've seen these guys call people stupid, morons , delusional, homers.  If it's not a direct name, they try to belittle the poster to make it seem like they have the moral ground. Tactics used by somebody who doesn't have much of an argument to make.  Think it's time for some growing up on these forums 

I just hate to see the brethren quarrel so violently in house like this. Everyone else already hates us, we can't afford this dissension in our ranks here in our darkest hour.

6 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Say, do we know if Jason Botchford thinks Willie should be fired? If Botchford does believe Willie should be fired, then it follows that Willie deserves a contract extension. Invoke simple logic.

The way Botchford writes about the Canucks, he seems to want the team to disappear.

Just now, Salmonberries said:

I just hate to see the brethren quarrel so violently in house like this. Everyone else already hates us, we can't afford this dissension in our ranks here in our darkest hour.

TBH I don't think some of these guys are actual Canuck fans.  No true fan would ever resort to making fun of a coaches age or nervous ticks.. many more examples than that one .. but let's be real.  It's one thing to be critical.  But to outright slander and do some of the other stuff that goes on is not what a true fan of a team does. 

Just now, TheOgRook said:

TBH I don't think some of these guys are actual Canuck fans.  No true fan would ever resort to making fun of a coaches age or nervous ticks.. many more examples than that one .. but let's be real.  It's one thing to be critical.  But to outright slander and do some of the other stuff that goes on is not what a true fan of a team does. 

For me the night the lynch mob formed in here after the road win in LA was the turning point. This stuff had been bothering me for a while but that was the point where it just became surreal. It was like crossing through the looking glass into an enchanted land of fairies elves magical mushrooms and hockey idiocy.

5 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Wow I really set Willie....oops I mean alfstonker off, didn't I.

I would respond to your drivel but honestly I can agree to disagree with you. You think Willie is the greatest coach and player developer in the history of the NHL. I think he is decidedly average at both. You think our team doesn't have any players who could score goals in a less suffocating style. I think we do. We can leave it at that.

Could you please point to a post where Alfstonker said " Willie is the greatest coach and player developer in the history of the NHL"?

Because I've never seen that, and I would enjoy the laugh.

5 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

For me the night the lynch mob formed in here after the road win in LA was the turning point. This stuff had been bothering me for a while but that was the point where it just became surreal. It was like crossing through the looking glass into an enchanted land of fairies elves magical mushrooms and hockey idiocy.

There is a reason why Canuck fans are known to be the worst in the league by many.

There is also a reason as to why events like the riots in the 1994 and 2011 happen. 

Perhaps some people need to realize their role in establishing such mob mentalities. 

1 minute ago, HomeBrew said:

There is a reason why Canuck fans are known to be the worst in the league by many.

There is also a reason as to why events like the riots in the 1994 and 2011 happen. 

Perhaps some people need to realize their role in establishing such mob mentalities. 

As much as I find a good playoff riot to be a cathartic experience I must agree. We are a kooky bunch.default_biggrin.png

Sadly the team has but one emperor, and he is not known for his patience. He is constantly surveying the mood of his subjects and given the temperature out here I fear he will call for his generals to bring him the head of Willie Desjardins post season. I'm afraid it's unavoidable at this stage.

Archived