The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy 22nd B-Day BO!

PuckYa

16 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Sure, and a lot of really really bad moves too. In terms of blunders, I'm not sure how you can get much worse than the Lu contract or trading two star goalies under contract. But Bo and Tanev are nice additions. 

That contract was brilliant, so brilliant in fact that the league used the shadiest of tactics to burn Gillis for it.  You want to talk about a bad 'Lu' contract how about the Loui Eriksson contract we are anchored with now?  Trading Schneider for Bo has been a godsend for us and it's not Gillis's fault Luongo quit on this team like a flake after that.  Don't get me started on the '11 finals and how they were officiated but needless to say Gillis should have a ring on his finger.  Gillis was such a trendsetter with the Sleep Doctors and a Capologist.  The proof is how quickly he'd get hired if he ever wanted to get back into the NHL, but he doesn't want that gig anymore and I can't blame him.

16 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Obviously being facetious there, G.

I did post this in the players discussion thread but it seems a little less traffic around there.

Here's my take on Eriksson because it is what it is. lol.

Eriksson signing hasn't turned out good in year #1 & I agree his contract kinda "sucks" as Luongo would say. Contract aside, cause that's all we can do now, I don't see why Loui couldn't bounce back & have a better point producing season here. I mean if Vrbata could do it after his dismal season with us 63g. 27pts. -30  to  79g. 53pts. -19 this year. Now 35 years old.

Eriksson last year had 82g. 30g 63pts. +13  to  65g. 24pts. -9 this year.  Now 31 years old.

Vrbata had his best NHL season here at 33 years old with 63pts.

Eriksson has had two 63pt. seasons & three 70+ point seasons. 

I see no reason for Eriksson not to bounce back to the 50pts. range. Also Eriksson is much better than Vrbata defensively & 4 years younger. He also brings that veteran leadership that is needed especially once the Sedins retire. (look at our record since Burrows & Hansen left).

You can bet that Loui will be motivated from this season & will train hard & be ready for a much improved outing in year #2. If not we are in trouble. lol. 

Bo & Loui were also starting to click before his injury. I seen some chemistry there to possibly.

On 4/5/2017 at 2:29 PM, S'all Good Man said:

Sure, and a lot of really really bad moves too. In terms of blunders, I'm not sure how you can get much worse than the Lu contract or trading two star goalies under contract. But Bo and Tanev are nice additions. 

Well one of those star goalies got us Bo - so that's a wash IMHO.

Archived