The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Global War Fast Approaching?

Nuxfanabroad

25 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I am going to be honest, I have never been huge fan of Soviets/Russians.

Also military history is hobby of mine, and honestly without the USA Western Europe would get annihilated.

I don’t think they would be even able to hold out long enough to get help from the states.

Any invasion of Western Europe by Russia would quickly escalate into global thermal nuclear war.  

3 hours ago, Lancaster said:

There are pretty good youtube videos of a hypothetical war between Russia against the EU.

Pretty much Russia will have quick initial advances, but due to actual difference in manpower, funding, equipment, infrastructures, etc.... Russia would probably get curb stomped.

umm only if the us was involved.

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Any invasion of Western Europe by Russia would quickly escalate into global thermal nuclear war.  

I don’t know if US, U.K and France would risk nuclear war with Russia if they annexed Baltic states, moved on Poland or Eastern Europe.

Russia is huge, so many targets, Britain and France are small on the other hand.

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t know if US, U.K and France would risk nuclear war with Russia if they annexed Baltic states, moved on Poland or Eastern Europe.

Russia is huge, so many targets, Britain and France are small on the other hand.

Western Europe.  But, I think Russia trying to annex Poland would also result in nuclear war.  Putin is not that stupid though.  He lives a great life, and for certain doesn’t want to sacrifice it.  Same with the fat little guy from North Korea.  These guys are Kings.  The don’t want to give that up by getting nuked. 

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

There are also some "pretty good" YouTube videos on a flat 5,000 yr. old earth, dinosaurs being a hoax, the world being controlled by UK royalty and/or families that aren't even considered powerful anymore, CERN ending the world and/or universe, etc., etc.

It's tough to give credence to amateur videographer's opinions no matter how well informed they present themselves to be.  It's even tough to do it with some professionals (ie: Oliver Stone and Michael Moorer).

Don't like that sock puppet throw you off, this guy's analysis is quite good.  He breaks down equipment and material, the pros and cons of majors ones; quality of tanks and how they fared in recent conflicts, the amount of training each each side receives from professional soldiers to reserves to conscripts, the budget of each armed forces, the geography, etc.  

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Western Europe.  But, I think Russia trying to annex Poland would also result in nuclear war.  Putin is not that stupid though.  He lives a great life, and for certain doesn’t want to sacrifice it.  Same with the fat little guy from North Korea.  These guys are Kings.  The don’t want to give that up by getting nuked. 

I don’t see US engaging in nuclear conflict with Russia or vice versa.

U.K and France have no chance to engage Russians.

Both countries have 4 nuclear subs each, they are all stationed in Brest and Scotland.

Putin would strike those first and that would be the end of the story.

Rest of the nukes are bombs or short range airplane missiles, and they would never make it to Russia.

Korea would be wiped out from face of the earth if they used their nukes.

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t see US engaging in nuclear conflict with Russia or vice versa.

U.K and France have no chance to engage Russians.

Both countries have 4 nuclear subs each, they are all stationed in Brest and Scotland.

Putin would strike those first and that would be the end of the story.

Rest of the nukes are bombs or short range airplane missiles, and they would never make it to Russia.

Korea would be wiped out from face of the earth if they used their nukes.

It’s not 1945, when only one country had nukes.  If one whacko used nukes now the rest of the nuclear powers would join together and Blast him.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It’s not 1945, when only one country had nukes.  If one whacko used nukes now the rest of the nuclear powers would join together and Blast him.  

Idea was floated in 2001 to use lower yield nuclear weapon on Afghanistan.

You think if that happened that rest of the world would joined together and attacked USA?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Idea was floated in 2001 to use lower yield nuclear weapon on Afghanistan.

You think if that happened that rest of the world would joined together and attacked USA?

Good point.  Stop being so correct.  :lol:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Don't like that sock puppet throw you off, this guy's analysis is quite good.  He breaks down equipment and material, the pros and cons of majors ones; quality of tanks and how they fared in recent conflicts, the amount of training each each side receives from professional soldiers to reserves to conscripts, the budget of each armed forces, the geography, etc.  

It's a fun to watch video, but war is a funny thing.  By the numbers, Germany shouldn't have been as successful for a good part of WW2 as they were, especially since they recently before it were all but bankrupt and had lost a World War 20 years prior, but had they not made some stupid mistakes, Germany would have eventually taken Europe.  The most deadly one being not helping their ally Japan with fuel and scrap metal which eventually led to the attack on Pearl Harbor.  In his memoirs, Winston Churchill as much as said so himself.  He thought his greatest fear, Britain being taken over, was going to come true until the day he got the telephone call from FDR.

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Honestly I don't see Canada, US, Britain, France, Germany etc invoking article 5 if the attack was on Poland, the baltic states or Ukraine. Ww3 for former Soviet States? Seems like a tough sell. If the attack was on western Europe it's a different story imo.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

World ending nuclear war for poland?

21 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Honestly I don't see Canada, US, Britain, France, Germany etc invoking article 5 if the attack was on Poland, the baltic states or Ukraine. Ww3 for former Soviet States? Seems like a tough sell. If the attack was on western Europe it's a different story imo.

World ending nuclear war for poland?

Yup.  If the Russians invaded Poland, hello hell fire and brimstone, and pretty much all the worst stuff from the Bible. 

Won’t happen though.  Putin lives like a King.  He’s not going to jeopardize that.  

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  If the Russians invaded Poland, hello hell fire and brimstone, and pretty much all the worst stuff from the Bible. 

Won’t happen though.  Putin lives like a King.  He’s not going to jeopardize that.  

Euros live even better, they are the ones that would never jeopardize their lifestyle.

Russians are used to hardships, they would outlast Europeans in every imaginable conflict.

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Euros live even better, they are the ones that would never jeopardize their lifestyle.

Russians are used to hardships, they would outlast Europeans in every imaginable conflict.

The Russian people, like us, don’t have access to the red button.  Putin has that, and he will not sacrifice his lifestyle.  Non of the world leaders would.  They all live like Kings compared to us.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The Russian people, like us, don’t have access to the red button.  Putin has that, and he will not sacrifice his lifestyle.  Non of the world leaders would.  They all live like Kings compared to us.  

Red buttons are overrated, I prefer green ones for sure.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

And they're deep in debt. I think France wants to be the big player in Western Europe but without the US they still don't come close to matching up to the Russians.