The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Predators win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3   

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Ducks in 4
    • Ducks in 5
    • Ducks in 6
    • Ducks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

16 hours ago, FireGillis said:

Nah, I don't want to see Kesler win a cup.  It's why I'm kind of cheering for the pens over burrows cause I think pens have a better shot at beating the ducks. To me the chance of burrows winning a cup is less important than the possibility of kesler winning a cup, lol.  If nashville swept or beats anaheim before the pens series is over, then ottawa can win.

Lol fair enough

19 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I wouldn't mind kesler winning a cup. No sour grapes here, he was a warrior for us. Kesler is now on the downswing of his career, you only live once, I don't blame him for wanting out.

But if I had to choose I would rather Burrows hoist it.

Agree about Kesler, speaking for myself it was the way he left, naming only one team he'd go to , really put the GM in a no win situation , the guy did give it everything he had when he did play here. I loved Bieksa so if him getting the Cup means Kesler does too, well I'm good with that.

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm starting to feel we traded the wrong defensemen. As bad as Bieksa got, I'd tolerate his mistakes more with his leadership. We should have traded inconsistent Edler. 

I woulda kept him just for his awesome interviews ;) 

3 hours ago, Nancouver said:

What a shame, I'm not liking the preds chances now without johansen. What kind of thigh injury would need emergency surgery?

Heard on the radio that there was a bruise on his thigh that got to big the only way to relieve the pressure was surgery, think he was hit by a knee on thigh

18 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Heard on the radio that there was a bruise on his thigh that got to big the only way to relieve the pressure was surgery, think he was hit by a knee on thigh

Wow I've never heard of that happening before, that's a huge blow to the preds

3 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

Wow I've never heard of that happening before, that's a huge blow to the preds

Ya, it sounded like a rare thing that looked like nothing when it happened during the game.ya it's definately  a huge  blow to the Preds

25 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Ya, it sounded like a rare thing that looked like nothing when it happened during the game.ya it's definately  a huge  blow to the Preds

Bieksa and the rest of the ducks were ferocious last night, fisher injured as well

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WCF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Series tied 2-2
26 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Getzlaf fined $10k for a homophobic slur. I should think a spear or two would also be in order.

This minor slap compared to Pillar's public shaming, 2 game suspension and loss of salary exemplifies the NHL's bush league management. 

The NHL isn't serious about enforcing rules, discipline or behaviour.  It is a pro sports league run by incompetent, dishonest a-holes. 

11 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

This minor slap compared to Pillar's public shaming, 2 game suspension and loss of salary exemplifies the NHL's bush league management. 

The NHL isn't serious about enforcing rules, discipline or behaviour.  It is a pro sports league run by incompetent, dishonest a-holes. 

Which was grossly over the top. You can call someone on the field or on the ice every name in the book but the moment you call them a faggot in a heated dialogue, you're basically the worst person on the planet. Nobody wants to look at the context of these things anymore, just demonize them instead. 

20 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Which was grossly over the top. You can call someone on the field or on the ice every name in the book but the moment you call them a faggot in a heated dialogue, you're basically the worst person on the planet. Nobody wants to look at the context of these things anymore, just demonize them instead. 

To me it isn't about which slur he used.  I am not big on political correctness but, if the league has decided to punish inappropriate comments, show the balls to do it in a meaningful way.  Pillar's comments have been front page news and a major story on SN yet Getzlaf's story is a sidebar comment piece.  My opinion is based ont how the league handles such matters whether discipline for flagrant violations, enforcing the rules already in the rule book, disciplining inappropriate behaviour and altering what is or is not a penalty depending on who it is, the score, the playoffs etc.  NHL = Bush league management.

6 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

The dirty Ducks strike again. You can bet anytime they're in jeopardy of going down in a series the best players on the other team will be cheap shotted  with intent to injure. Kesler has evolved into a dirtier player than Marchand. 

That's a stretch and a half

2 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

Getzlaf fined $10k for a homophobic slur. I should think a spear or two would also be in order.

Shaw got 1 game suspension.  It was also in the playoffs - game 4 vs the Blues.    

Why the difference?

1 hour ago, mll said:

Shaw got 1 game suspension.  It was also in the playoffs - game 4 vs the Blues.    

Why the difference?

He used a different word, the NHL is calling it an "inappropriate remark" not a "homophobic slur". 

Archived