The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Development Camp 2017 - Updated with roster, schedule

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I love the enthusiasm these kids have. I think we're going to have a dynamite team in a few years. 

The best thing for the organization would be to have a great AHL team this year.  There is a spot or two on the big club but the rest should start in the A. There is still a chance that a D man gets moved. Rumors of Tanev to Toronto are still swirling around. I could also see Guddy getting moved some time this year. If he has a good start I would move him out. It needs to be all about the future. This clubs time is three years from now and if they can add two or three more high end pieces we will be looking at a club that could that will truly excite us all.

On 06/07/2017 at 8:06 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Love the little look he gives the camera at the end xD

this is my favorite video from the entire camp. lol

what a guy. that last little look was funny and awesome 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I love the enthusiasm these kids have. I think we're going to have a dynamite team in a few years. 

I agree. If we are fortunate enough to get Dahlin in next year's draft our rebuild will be pretty much done and we will be in a position to be playoff competitive in very short order.

19 hours ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

I really liked Macewen's game. He's an absolute beast when he gets moving. Makes questionable decision sometimes, but he can really move for a big guy. Also has some dirty hands and a good shot. Was really exciting to watch.

He can skate, shoot, pass & fight.

:)

On Friday, July 07, 2017 at 11:45 AM, debluvscanucks said:

That was my thought going in....I will work TWICE as hard at the gym today but yesterday it was all about "why not?".  Had Carvers Prime Rib sandwich for the first time...it was scrumptious.  I'm a fan for sure.  

Have some pics that I'll upload later.  Was a great time for sure...loved it.  

Hey Deb, you excited yet?  This new prospect and draft pool is surreal that it's finally here!!!

Lots of young guys with talent pushing for spots and injury depth? Am i dreaming?  Hmmmm... :)

Though i do find it odd that the media isn't getting why all the signings without remembering how hard we usually get hit by injuries seemingly year in and year out...

Oh yeah... thoughts on macewen?

at first i was pissed at benning a bit for petterson but another poster reminded me that benning had signed macewen in january or something, imissed it i guess but! $&!#E!  i did a search on him and watched his 2016 highlight clip on youtube and i instantly forgave benning!

Things are looking up!!!!

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Who is the "I need some watermelon" guy?  

I'm going to track his career and make sure that he gets a watermelon-themed nickname.

Lol that'd most likely be Gaudette

1 hour ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

He can skate, shoot, pass & fight.

:)

This guy is very interesting. He is a true late developer. Did not make the Q until he was 19 years old. He is 21 now. A year in the AHL will show what we have here. 6' 4" 212 lb.

5 hours ago, appleboy said:

The best thing for the organization would be to have a great AHL team this year.  There is a spot or two on the big club but the rest should start in the A. There is still a chance that a D man gets moved. Rumors of Tanev to Toronto are still swirling around. I could also see Guddy getting moved some time this year. If he has a good start I would move him out. It needs to be all about the future. This clubs time is three years from now and if they can add two or three more high end pieces we will be looking at a club that could that will truly excite us all.

What?

14 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

What?

I think what he meant was throw away Guddy and anyone else who might not be super skilled and we'll do ok until other teams take runs and liberties on our stars and take them out of the picture and then get nowhere like the last 40 yrs..

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:
1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

I think what he meant was throw away Guddy and anyone else who might not be super skilled and we'll do ok until other teams take runs and liberties on our stars and take them out of the picture and then get nowhere like the last 40 yrs..

How about realizing that he is a UFA at the end of the year. He can walk. 

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:

What?

Moving Tanev and Guddy for assets that will help us in a year or two will just speed up the rebuild. Tanev only goes if the return is very high but Guddy will be a UFA at the end of the year so they need to be sure that they can sign him or he walks.

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Moving Tanev and Guddy for assets that will help us in a year or two will just speed up the rebuild. Tanev only goes if the return is very high but Guddy will be a UFA at the end of the year so they need to be sure that they can sign him or he walks.

Do you know how old Gudbranson is? He's not 29-35

Archived