The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sabres name Phil Housley head coach

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Sabres name Phil Housely head coach
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Sabres name Phil Housley head coach
3 minutes ago, Aircool said:

I'm being a Grammar troll but isn't it Housley? Funny how Dreger got it wrong... I mean VC got it wrong too, but that's probably 99% due to Dreger getting it wrong. Maybe Dreger doesn't know Hockey? Lel

He got it correct on his second tweet.  Probably just a brain fart.

@-Vintage Canuck-on the other hand......  He did a ninja edit after his goof... :lol:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Great player!  Considering how badly their players were doing, it can't make things worse.

Never say it couldn't be worse....  I think Housley will do well, but if the Sabres don't cut down on injuries and play better defence, it will be another craptastic season.

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Never say it couldn't be worse....  I think Housley will do well, but if the Sabres don't cut down on injuries and play better defence, it will be another craptastic season.

Excellent signing for the Sabres.  If there's anyone that can turn their defence around it will be Phil.  Also +1 for team culture.

Really want to see the Sabres start the upward path to playoff glory.

Just now, higgyfan said:

Excellent signing for the Sabres.  If there's anyone that can turn their defence around it will be Phil.  Also +1 for team culture.

Really want to see the Sabres start the upward path to playoff glory.

I'm hoping.  I loved the guy during the years he played here in Buffalo.  Smart and worked hard.

13 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Housely was one of the best ever, but at offence.  Interesting.  He was like the Gretzky of defense, and how did Wayne do as a coach?

Just now, Alflives said:

Housely was one of the best ever, but at offence.  Interesting.  He was like the Gretzky of defense, and how did Wayne do as a coach?

Housley's defencemen in Nashville loved him and said that he taught them a lot.  He's paid his coaching dues.  I'm actually more concerned with his plans for the Sabres' young offence.  I hope he gets a very good assistant that can help with that aspect.

Archived