The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017 Expansion/Entry Draft

Master Mind

Just now, Tylez said:

Woo hoo! Is anyone else excited... this gunna be fun rather then picking the team all at once!!!

Yep, although I am literally in bed as its 0030 now. Will pick up again tomorrow!

4 hours ago, Master Mind said:

small.png  To CBJ: 2018 CBJ 1st, 2017 DET 2nd, Chris Bigras

vegas.jpg.eb7ef479caf790b111d33830b3957e90.jpg  To VGK: Will select a player of CBJ's choice

This was a hefty price to pay, and probably ended up more value-wise than any single exposed player that he could have taken. But being able to shed Stoner's cap hit and work with certainty the last couple of months as to who we were keeping - no matter who we added - was worth the price.

And there were a couple of deals we almost made that would have made it even better. We almost made a deal involving another top-10 goalie, and a separate move for a top-pairing D-man. We looked at a few deals involving moving the exempt Panarin for a possibly better/cheaper expansion-eligible top forward. But these didn't end up coming to fruition though. Still, even if we overpaid a bit, in our position it made sense.

Not to mention, we have utmost respect for Captain's work, because taking Vegas in Puck is the hardest of all the pools. Why? No NMC's! So no one had to waste protection spots on guys they didn't really want, like IRL, and in most of the other pools. So he's got a tough job from the get-go. If we're going to throw anyone a bone in a deal, it's @Captain Azzy.

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

This was a hefty price to pay, and probably ended up more value-wise than any single exposed player that he could have taken. But being able to shed Stoner's cap hit and work with certainty the last couple of months as to who we were keeping - no matter who we added - was worth the price.

And there were a couple of deals we almost made that would have made it even better. We almost made a deal involving another top-10 goalie, and a separate move for a top-pairing D-man. We looked at a few deals involving moving the exempt Panarin for a possibly better/cheaper expansion-eligible top forward. But these didn't end up coming to fruition though. Still, even if we overpaid a bit, in our position it made sense.

Not to mention, we have utmost respect for Captain's work, because taking Vegas in Puck is the hardest of all the pools. Why? No NMC's! So no one had to waste protection spots on guys they didn't really want, like IRL, and in most of the other pools. So he's got a tough job from the get-go. If we're going to throw anyone a bone in a deal, it's @Tigs .

FTFY

13 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

Get a move on captin woodchuck

Everyone can thank Drew for me starting again on Monday. Today is Father's Day so I've now decided to spend the day surrounded by toys and tantrums :)

11 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

@Master Mind you called it.

Hardly a surprise. There's teams like @Mr.Miyagi's Dallas, full of eligible studs, almost Love Island-esque in their beauty. And then there's @thejazz97's school for delinquents, where kids who failed their school exams go and play roller hockey while taking re-sits. 

That was some list man :lol:

1 hour ago, Captain Azzy said:

Hardly a surprise. There's teams like @Mr.Miyagi's Dallas, full of eligible studs, almost Love Island-esque in their beauty. And then there's @thejazz97's school for delinquents, where kids who failed their school exams go and play roller hockey while taking re-sits. 

That was some list man :lol:

My goal in the beginning was to direct you to take Loui Eriksson or Tyler Ennis, but then I happened upon cap issues and some lovely deals where you "do it now, figure it out later" like Emelin and Hartnell or getting rid of Hamhuis and Burns. I tried picking up Ribeiro to be one of my forward options, but that didn't work.

The long and short of it is that I expected you to take mostly Pickard with a small, small chance of Gaborik or Lehtonen. It's not what I hoped for, but I wasn't expecting anything different.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to deal one of my younger players (whose name vaguely rhymes with Gran's Lawn Darts) to clear up cap space, so you guys will probably see something coming once the roster freeze clears up ;) 

Archived