The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

36 minutes ago, Toews said:

Pettersson scores on a penalty shot. 

They must be allowed to designate a penalty shooter in that league. I'm almost positive that wasn't him that was taken out into the net. If so he is the 1st option off the bench to take the shot.

His puckhandling and passing abilities are so good that I think it will be hard to keep him out of the NHL next season.

19 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

They must be allowed to designate a penalty shooter in that league. I'm almost positive that wasn't him that was taken out into the net. If so he is the 1st option off the bench to take the shot.

His puckhandling and passing abilities are so good that I think it will be hard to keep him out of the NHL next season.

Yup, definitely wasn't him. 

Agreed. I don't think he is too far off. I would have him in the AHL next year if he just misses out on a roster spot. Gets him used to the smaller ice. 

Pettersson with the assist on Robert Rosen's PP goal. :)

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

A little context on what a point per game in the SHL means for a player Pettersson's age:

If he maintains this pace, he'd be tied (with Markus Naslund) for 7th all-time in SHL U20 points per game and would own the highest scoring rate in 25 years for a U20 SHL player (bumping William Nylander from that spot).

He is not going to just maintain this pace, he is going to exceed it (I hope).........he is just starting to get comfortable with this team.

I can't wait to see him perform at the WJC.......