The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I agree, and he's only beginning to come into his own. Last year wasn't a fluke. He's only going to get better.

The only reason I put him at a lower contract is in part due to so many others in my list are vastly overpaid which has inflated the true value of many of the more prolific players in the league. Much like Horvat's agent  thinking he was worth more that what was realistic; I don't see this management group willing to pay more than what they determine the players true worth. 

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The only reason I put him at a lower contract is in part due to so many others in my list are vastly overpaid which has inflated the true value of many of the more prolific players in the league. Much like Horvat's agent  thinking he was worth more that what was realistic; I don't see this management group willing to pay more than what they determine the players true worth. 

That's why it's best that he doesn't sign his new contract until after this year. He's betting on himself to improve upon last year, and when he does, he's going to get paid and be worth every penny.