The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

On 10/11/2017 at 9:59 PM, flickyoursedin said:

Jett Woo would be awesome. Skills aside the crowd going on all Rick Flair “WOOOOOOOO” every time he makes a sweet play would be great.

i hate the woooooooooo from a single person. a crowd could be more fun tho

On 15/11/2017 at 8:57 AM, Horvat is a Boss said:

the kids a g but look at those tiny legs.  i would be fearful of someone taking out his knee on that type of play. you see how his leg bends and wobbles as he turns into the boards to pass the guy.  id be worried about some big mean mofo crushing him and ending his career with a traumatic leg injury.

kids got undeniable skills tho  props!

hop we get a shot at him!

On 10/11/2017 at 7:57 PM, Odd. said:

This is going to be a very good year for us to draft a cornerstone defenseman without needing to bottom out. Besides Dahlin and Boqvist, there's some really good OFD, PPQB defenseman from the 9th-20th range, where we're likely to finish.

Quinton Hughes (8GPS 1a 4a 5pts) first NCAA season in his draft year.

Ryan Merkley (personal favourite) (last season: 62gps 12g 43a 55pts) as a 16 year old! Currently a PPG:(17gps 5g 13a 18pts). Right handed shot to boot. And he's ranked quite low on a lot of mock drafts for some reason. 

Bode Wilde 

Jett Woo one of the youngest players of the draft (16 gps 6g 9a 15pts) Shifty defenseman

Cale Addisson near PPG but 5'9 170lbs 

Jared McIsaac 

Evan Bouchard (Juolevi's linemate last season) Had 44pts last year in 64gps and is a PPG this season with 16pts.

The point is is that this year is loaded with quality defenseman and the first 4 should be available from where we're picking. 

i want bode wilde for his name. :) we need to get a lil bode wilde more often!

On 12/11/2017 at 9:02 PM, Warhippy said:

He actually outscored and is technically larger than Drew Doughty was while playing for the same team in their respective first years.  Doughty now plays at 200 pounds and is listed at around 6 foot 1 

Him, Hughes or Wilde would be my choices if Dahlin isn't available

good year for good d. a lot of right d in this class too.  whomever fits juolevi or pouliots play best im in. an offensive juggernaut be great.  thatsssss grrrrrreatt!

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

the kids a g but look at those tiny legs.  i would be fearful of someone taking out his knee on that type of play. you see how his leg bends and wobbles as he turns into the boards to pass the guy.  id be worried about some big mean mofo crushing him and ending his career with a traumatic leg injury.

kids got undeniable skills tho  props!

hop we get a shot at him!

I understand what you're saying, but it's important to remember that this kid 17 years old in a men's league. I don't think there's much doubt that he'll fill out. 

13 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

What sacrifice do I need to make to the hockey gods to let the Canucks win the draft lottery?

A live goat?

My first born child?   

I'm willing to go all in here. This kid is worth it.

Not that you needed more motivation...

Hughes has been capturing my attention recently. Of course he's not Dahlin, but the way he rushes the puck seems similar. Not quite the same hands as Dahlin's, but his stride looks so efficient it's unfair. Add in his edgework and agility and he could be very, very good. It's early, but Werenski seems like a similar type of player. 

Zadina is also continuing to score at a very good rate as well. He added another assist to bring him up to 17 goals and 17 assists for 34 points in 23 points. 

He's currently scoring at a 1.47 points-per-game pace. For reference, Hischier scored at a 1.5 points-per-game pace in his draft year on the same team. 

And not to be forgotten about is Boqvist. He's the consensus #2 defenseman in this draft behind Dahlin, topping out as high as 2nd overall in some lists. Honestly, unless we're picking up Svechnikov or Zadina, it should be almost confirmed we're taking a defenseman. In fact, adding another pick in the mid teens would give us a chance at another defenseman. 

Man this draft is absolutely insane. I think this is absolutely the time when we can start sacrificing 2nd and 3rd round picks to add another pick in the 1st. We have a solid amount of organizational depth now, we just need a couple more elite players. 

4 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

You know what is really starting to concern me?

The Oilers are sucking so hard right now. I swear if they win the lottery and draft first I might just internally combust!!!

I have no words to describe how much that would upset me.

I would legitimately consider giving up on hockey if that happened. Not even exaggerating.

1 minute ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

It's still very early, but here's my attempt:

1) Dahlin

2) Svechnikov 

3) Boqvist

4) Zadina

5) Hughes

6) Merkley

7) Kupari

8) Smith

9) Velano

10) Wahlstrom

Again, very early and could change completely with time. 

Ive seen small footage of Wahlstrom and he looks deadly.

39 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

It's still very early, but here's my attempt:

1) Dahlin

2) Svechnikov 

3) Boqvist

4) Zadina

5) Hughes

6) Merkley

7) Kupari

8) Smith

9) Velano

10) Wahlstrom

Again, very early and could change completely with time. 

I think the 2 dmen go top 2, Dahlin Boqvist and Svechnikov goes 3rd. 

Tkachuk will be top 5 to 8. He's too good to pass on. 

Archived