The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey News says we just picked three first rounders.

IBatch

On June 27, 2017 at 7:59 PM, CanuckleHorse said:

I'm not buying that all are fans we have some of the most dedicated haters who do nothing but try to make us look bad no other fan base in sports has to deal with so many classless idiots than us the haters are mostly inbred half wits who can't help but be disgusting pukes!

You are more charitable than I am. I think many of them actually have a choice but choose to be disgusting pukes.

On 2017-6-27 at 8:37 PM, Sweathog said:

Essentially Benning got to pick high because of MG's mistakes, because it's mostly because of Gillis that we're at the bottom. I don't really buy the argument that picking low is the reason that our future was so messed up when JB took over, the Blues have been picking low for years and their prospect pool is still decent.

Benning had to start almost from scratch with our prospect pool at or near the bottom, and within 3 years it's in the top half (at least) in the league, along with making the big club significantly younger.

Are people (including myself) too rough on Gillis? Perhaps, he did draft Horvat afterall. But with the inaccurate and unfair criticisms Benning has had to endure from the media and fanbase in general, along with the stellar job he's done so far in fixing the team, he's definitely the most underrated GM in the NHL. 

Good post.  My biggest problem with Gillis is he didn't leave well enough alone and made too many judgement calls after losing game seven.  We were the best team in the league at the time, and trying to make a team that could possibly beat Boston if we played them again was foolish.  If we played Tampa instead we would have won in five, and I honestly don't think anyone else in the East was a threat.

Should have stayed with exactly the same team.  Traded either Luongo or Schneider for another star that could help and pursued the best backup available.  With that team together for another three years we would have had more chances at winning, and you never know Gillis and AV could still be here today.

To me he wrecked the best thing we've ever had, even today that same team would be a threat.  Dumbass.

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Good post.  My biggest problem with Gillis is he didn't leave well enough alone and made too many judgement calls after losing game seven.  We were the best team in the league at the time, and trying to make a team that could possibly beat Boston if we played them again was foolish.  If we played Tampa instead we would have won in five, and I honestly don't think anyone else in the East was a threat.

Should have stayed with exactly the same team.  Traded either Luongo or Schneider for another star that could help and pursued the best backup available.  With that team together for another three years we would have had more chances at winning, and you never know Gillis and AV could still be here today.

To me he wrecked the best thing we've ever had, even today that same team would be a threat.  Dumbass.

I thought the '94 team was a stronger CUP contender. The '11 team defense was not as good. Your point about the tenders is bang on. 

Archived