The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Revolution - game (finally) over; Mafia win

Master Radishes

I'm looking at the rules right now and it seems like the game is inherently scum-sided given that they make up 1/3 of the players. I hope this will be offset by the fact that we have 8 claimable roles but we'll see. 

Also, given how few kills there will be per night this game could go really really long. Like I'm talking 9 rounds to F3 or something like that lol. 

Sorry MR, just had to nitpick a tad. :P

5 hours ago, Aladeen said:

With DC it was this post that set off some alarms for me:

IDK how to explain why I feel this post is scummy to me, I guess it's that I feel like him being incredulous to there being 17 pages in a day just seemed insincere. 

Bro you didn't get the hint which only true vanilla tp's would get. you probably mafia.

Vote Aladeen

20 hours ago, milk and honey said:

so night one almost done. over 13pgs but we have nothing to go on basically.

so good luck guys. we are gonna need it

This seems so wolfy to me for the same reasons Armby pointed out earlier. 

19 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Yes I believe that entirely 

Genuine.

18 hours ago, Zfetch said:

If the sheriff is worth $&!# to their name, they'll do a fine job and do the TP justice without playing any of BW's games.

Right. If the sheriff dies before they claim all their information dies with them unless the have their peeks in the thread which is hard to do subtly without everyone providing cover. 

9 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

This seems so wolfy to me for the same reasons Armby pointed out earlier. 

Genuine.

Right. If the sheriff dies before they claim all their information dies with them unless the have their peeks in the thread which is hard to do subtly without everyone providing cover. 

Bw is mafia again.  Didn't ask a question 

unvote

Vote bw

12 hours ago, T-rex930 said:

okay Vote J-23

Is this because you are a Filthy Filthy Mafiaso and would be impressed if the TPs won?

SK doesn't exist in RD 1. One of the Lovers has to die first!

Sounds suspicious. Is it cause you are mafia and aren't understanding the TP inside jokes?

What is a Mafia even?

I saw 19 :'(

Does anyone else think this entrance is awful? I don't think anyone here has actual experience playing with T-rex but that post felt so wooden. 

7 hours ago, HashtagNucks said:

But doing the extend vote that early just seems silly to me. 
Not being active till Saturday is a reason though so i'll give you that. 

You did jump on what I said to explain fairly quickly though ;)

I jumped on it like 2 hours later lol. 

5 hours ago, Baka said:

I have no issue with the first round extension but feel it's lazy to immediately push it as the game starts as it doesn't always generate much valid conversation. Tightening the noose on some players should in theory force out some of the spam chatter and force players to defend themselves a bit as well as possibly have other players like a Mafia member try to shift heat off a fellow teammate. Things that can become more relevant as the rounds pass. Mafia could even push an extension later in the 1st round if the heat is on one of them.

We need to generate more game talk and I feel committing to an early extension can contradict that.

I don't think there's much evidence supporting this theory that extending the round is going to automatically stifle conversation. Any good villagers will continue to post if they are able to. 

I really do think we need this extra time in round 1 when we're building a lynch from basically nothing. Also, look at the large list of players and consider how many of them have posted fewer than 3 times. Imo we need to give everyone a chance to really participate in the round before we move on. 

5 hours ago, J-23 said:

Alright I know this may be irrelevant but just confirmation about the Extend vote for r1 last game there was one Mafia who was the first to do it early in the game (211) and the rest were all TP. This looks bad on BW lol.

Is this man serious?

Spoiler

Image-1024-1024-189811.jpg?t=%22d2bd2533

5 hours ago, Aladeen said:

I think it is irrelevant to use what scummy 211 did in another game to try to determine what BW is in this game.

211 is methodical in her scum game. She is playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers. She has an emogenius vibe going on and will switch up her gameplay on a dime.

Whereas BW is more consistent and by the book with his play. He knows the townie script and if he is scum then he is doing so with some serious WIFOM right now. BW plays a certain way as town, generally leading the charge and he won't deviate from that as scum (from what I've seen anyway). He has deviated from that now and the only way he does that is if he is actually town or is going for the double bluff. 

BW could be scum and if he flipped scum I wouldn't be shocked. He's that good. Also at this point I will say that a BW flip would give the most information, so I am not completely opposed to lynching him. The downside is we lose the best town player if we are wrong and if he is town that would be an ideal situation for the scum first round.

I think we can do better than BW first round and the extended time would help with that. 

I think most of Aladeen's game so far suggests town but I don't like some of the reasoning in this post. The bolded part comes across like someone reading the game from a mafia POV. I just don't think how him seeing a "deviation" in my game leads to those conclusions.

4 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

There are spots open in RGMG.

Did nobody else take issue with this?

1st bolded is a response to MH, who says he promises he is 100% TP early in the game. Context of the post looks like him giving TP clearance or at the very least TP lean to MH. I find it very unusual that out of all of the body of work MH has put into the game so far, DM's first post of the game zeroes in on something MH said over 15 hours ago.

#2 - He is calling a post that was made by bassi before the game even started suspect. 

^Given the post above, it looks like he read only the first few pages when he made his comment. Which is fine if he planned on reading more of the thread, but its been 3+ hours since this post and I haven't seen him add anything yet.

Honestly I just expect that kind of stuff, as odd as it was. 

3 hours ago, Aladeen said:

I think we should all discuss the lynch mob.

I wondering if they shouldn't just reveal who they are.

Since they can be of any alignment that means most likely MR gave at least 1 representative of each faction. Meaning at least 2/5 of the lynch mob are not townies.

Lynching within this group equates to a probability of at least 40% chance of not lynching a townie first round vs. a 33% chance if we lynch from general pop.

If there is a mafia on the lynch mob then the mafia knows their identities and the same with the 3p. We townies who aren't on the lynch mob are the only ones who don't know the make up of it. 

That's too many assumptions but I agree that there is likely a wolf in that chat. I don't think I'd support lynching someone from that group as we want as many of them alive as possible to preserve that extra lynching ability. 

Archived