The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks have absolutely no star power!!!

trailers

9 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Is this for real all over again???  people reallyyyyyyyyyyyy need to stop listening to so called media experts who think they have a clue on what's going on all the time but most of them don't it's simply regurgating with a tiny lil added spin of opinion which as best has nothing to do with what can happen.  Take instance of when new jersey won it, they won it with tenacious non-stop hard fore checking and back checking as everyone bought into a super fast trap style, as in getting into position to score of pressured mistakes, a lot of pure scorers have their share of mistakes when pressured in the d-zone hard.

Thing is most pure skilled guys focused on scoring and not the technique of defending when they were younger so us having a whole team of hard working tenacious fairly well skilled players can work for us too but it all comes down to how well TG can coach all that into vets as well as young or more like IF!  However we used to have that a bit in the past but lacked size to pull it off when teams like the bruins blackhawks etc pushed back dirty...  zero answer for that... so zero cup...  this team still doesn't have much push back unless JB pulls off the balance.

Oh and for proof of what i said, this is a media quote... 

"But it’s not just Markstrom’s lack of starting experience that’s cause for concern. He owns a career .902 save percentage and 2.91 goals against average. His career 36-53-12 record is also far from inspiring"

Ok so my response to that b.s. is.. well hello f'n genious, what defence did we have all season?  or even before that?

See what i mean?   just because some twit with a title says something it doesn't mean he knows exactly what he's talking about. despite all that, i saw markstrom pull off some amazing saves and getting better all the time. 

Hardly wait to see us win more shoot out games with Gagner around

I think your proof needs some work. Markstrom is a concern, and his numbers are poor.. Definitely not a great choice as evidence of the media conspiracy against the Canucks

On 15/07/2017 at 4:19 PM, smithers joe said:

we're rebuilding. the stars just haven't developed yet. edmonton, before mcdavid was drafted, had lots of star power and couldn't win.

we need to except that our guys will have to bring their lunch pails to each game. play hard and play as a team. watching players like bo, beiser, virtanen, granlund and stech develop, will have to be our motivation to watch and cheer for this team. if only star power, is a person's motivation for following a team, they will always be disappointed with the canucks. 

The most talented Canucks teams were in the Naslund era. They had stars Jovo cop  and WCE and played a very entertaining band of hockey under Marc Crawford.

To me they will always be the best version of the Canucks talent wise despite their Washington Capitals like choke jobs in the playoffs.

24 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

The most talented Canucks teams were in the Naslund era. They had stars Jovo cop  and WCE and played a very entertaining band of hockey under Marc Crawford.

To me they will always be the best version of the Canucks talent wise despite their Washington Capitals like choke jobs in the playoffs.

Possibly most talented but not in goal. 

13 hours ago, Davathor said:

I think your proof needs some work. Markstrom is a concern, and his numbers are poor.. Definitely not a great choice as evidence of the media conspiracy against the Canucks

Did you even watch last season's D buddy?  Did you watch any games at all with markstrom in net? Of course his number's are poor, what team was he playing on last year???  the whole teams number's were poor...  that's the proof...  sheeeeeesh  lol!  And it's not a conspiracy there mr genious, i was simply stating that not all so called hockey media know more than the average joe let alone long time hockey fans of a franchise who know more about hockey then some of them. Lots of media just set up things to get their name bigger instead of non-biased "just how it is truth" which i'd rather hear than someone who makes an assumption of something they have no clue about like YOU just did...  i said there was some conspiracy somewhere in there somewhere??  lol yeah okkkkkkkkkk buddy....  whatever...  

Archived