The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Mon

Doogie

To Montreal: Gagner + Eriksson

To Vancouver: Shaw + 5th

The way Montreal is playing they need desperate help on offence and I think Gagner and Eriksson could do that for them. They will be taking on approximately 5 mil in additional salary but have about 12.5 mil coming off the books next year. This will leave them with approximately 9 mil in cap space after the Price extension to sign their RFA's and save some space for a possible Pacioretty extension the following year. Vancouver gets rid of Eriksson's salary, get a little harder to play against while Shaw can play up and down the lineup. I have to admit I do not like the 3.9 mil cap hit Shaw comes with but we should be able to make do with it when the Sedin's retire and we have the kids coming up on entry level deals. 

Granlund - Sutter - Dorsett

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

Vanek - Burmistrov - Shaw

Gaunce

Mind you this lineup is based on matchups, I am not saying Granlund et al. is our first line. 

11 hours ago, Doogie said:

To Montreal: Gagner + Eriksson

To Vancouver: Shaw + 5th

The way Montreal is playing they need desperate help on offence and I think Gagner and Eriksson could do that for them. They will be taking on approximately 5 mil in additional salary but have about 12.5 mil coming off the books next year. This will leave them with approximately 9 mil in cap space after the Price extension to sign their RFA's and save some space for a possible Pacioretty extension the following year. Vancouver gets rid of Eriksson's salary, get a little harder to play against while Shaw can play up and down the lineup. I have to admit I do not like the 3.9 mil cap hit Shaw comes with but we should be able to make do with it when the Sedin's retire and we have the kids coming up on entry level deals. 

Granlund - Sutter - Dorsett

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

Vanek - Burmistrov - Shaw

Gaunce

Mind you this lineup is based on matchups, I am not saying Granlund et al. is our first line. 

Price is super upset these days. And as it goes, the Montreal Canadiens’ fan base could turn on him any day.

MTL

Markstrom

Nilsson

Gagner

Gaunce

VAN

Price

On 2017-10-28 at 2:03 PM, Me_ said:

Price is super upset these days. And as it goes, the Montreal Canadiens’ fan base could turn on him any day.

MTL

Markstrom

Nilsson

Gagner

Gaunce

VAN

Price

Change Nilsson to Demko and gagner to gaudette and MAYBE Montreal considers this trade. 

Wpuld love to have price, BC native and all, but the price will be astronomical

On 30/10/2017 at 12:03 PM, Canadian Clay said:

Change Nilsson to Demko and gagner to gaudette and MAYBE Montreal considers this trade. 

Wpuld love to have price, BC native and all, but the price will be astronomical

still think thats light.

Markstrom

Demko

Sutter

Granlund

Gaudette

for Carey Price and a 5th.. maybe.. lol

demko is the only one with real star potential.  that would add a ton of depth for mtl and Markstrom would be hella entertaining in montreal lol. the fans would love his emotion! 

but i dont even see that doing it without a potential forward star. maybe add eriksson remove a piece and eat cap back. if eriksson rebounds then mtl becomes the winner.

do we really need a 30 year old goaltender when were still years away? i suppose he would be at his most experienced at that point.  we start contending when hes 32-33? 

maybe his xp would help a young team. maybe.

Archived