The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vehicle (and possible shooting) attack in NYC.

taxi

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wealth, power, control, evil reasons for sure, but not religious.  Why did the Christians have their Crusades?  The powerful leaders of these crazed groups control the minds of their followers, but it's not religious.  

I remember the first time I came to Off Topic was to see what was up because people on the main board were implying you were exposing your true racist self  by being bold enough to call a spade a spade on the Muslim issue.....and now here you are....converted to PC culture.  

It's about facts.

Christians don't preach violence to promote Christianity. Certain Muslim fundamentalism encourages violence to promote Islam.

A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified. Globally 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is never justified, and in the US, 81% of Muslims opposed such violence. About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified. 

5 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

I remember the first time I came to Off Topic was to see what was up because people on the main board were implying you were exposing your true racist self  by being bold enough to call a spade a spade on the Muslim issue.....and now here you are....converted to PC culture.  

It's about facts.

Christians don't preach violence to promote Christianity. Certain Muslim fundamentalism encourages violence to promote Islam.

A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified. Globally 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is never justified, and in the US, 81% of Muslims opposed such violence. About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified. 

I use an iPad actually.  It's easier for me, while lying in bed.  Religion is used by established wealthy leaders to control the masses.  Why should Islam be any different?  There are 10s of millions of peaceful Muslims.  How do we explain them?  They follow their faith without violence, because their leaders don't condone violence.  The radical Islamists (terrorists) are led by those who promote violence, in the name of religion, to promote their own agenda - wealth, power, and control.  The guy today was radicalized by those ISIS leaders who tried to create their own country.  That's land grabbing, not religion.  

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I use an iPad actually.  It's easier for me, while lying in bed.  Religion is used by established wealthy leaders to control the masses.  Why should Islam be any different?  There are 10s of millions of peaceful Muslims.  How do we explain them?  They follow their faith without violence, because their leaders don't condone violence.  The radical Islamists (terrorists) are led by those who promote violence, in the name of religion, to promote their own agenda - wealth, power, and control.  The guy today was radicalized by those ISIS leaders who tried to create their own country.  That's land grabbing, not religion.  

Please provide a violent example of this.

My impression is those who repudiate violence are those who are wise enough to take their religion with a grain of salt. 

1 minute ago, clam linguine said:

Please provide a violent example.

I believe those who ignore calls of Jihad are actually those who are wise enough to take their religion with a grain of salt.

Crusades for example, were promoted by Popes, cardinals, and other religious leaders promising an already controlled Christian population eternal life in the hands of God for those who participated.  Then, once in the Holy land, new Christian states were established.  ISIS tried to create their own country.  These are examples of those who are politically and financially motives using religion to control their followers.  This view, IMHAO, is not PC, but rather contrary to that movement.  Religion, because it can be so very controlling, can too easily be used for evil. 

19 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Please provide a violent example of this.

My impression is those who repudiate violence are those who are wise enough to take their religion with a grain of salt. 

Lol are you serious? Pick up a freaking history book.

Just now, Alflives said:

Crusades for example, were promoted by Popes, cardinals, and other religious leaders promising an already controlled Christian population eternal life in the hands of God for those who participated.  Then, once in the Holy land, new Christian states were established.  ISIS tried to create their own country.  These are examples of those who are politically and financially motives using religion to control their followers.  This view, IMHAO, is not PC, but rather contrary to that movement.  Religion, because it can be so very controlling, can too easily be used for evil. 

Christians don't get suckered in by that anymore. Some Muslims still either get suckered in or are true to their religion (not sure which), that is the problem.

5 minutes ago, inane said:

Lol are you serious? Pick up a freaking history book.

You need to read more carefully....is used....not was used.

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I use an iPad actually.  It's easier for me, while lying in bed.  Religion is used by established wealthy leaders to control the masses. 

2 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Christians don't get suckered in by that anymore. Some Muslims still either get suckered in or are true to their religion (not sure which), that is the problem.

Google Lord's resistance army.

Google Christian militia's in central African Republic.

Google Quebec January 2017 murder of Muslims while they pray.

Google the Phineas Priesthood

Google the Christian Scerebinica army.

Google the eastern lighting church.

3 minutes ago, inane said:

Good...that's why I asked the question. Never heard of any of these guys. I doubt many here have.  Are they killing anyone? You seem up to date.

Wait a minute...the quebec guy was not told to attack Muslims by any Christian cleric. WTH are you talking about.

1 minute ago, clam linguine said:

Good...that's why I asked the question. Never heard of any of these guys. I doubt many here have.  Are they killing anyone? You seem up to date.

Why don't you Google them and you tell me. It'll answer both your questions--are vs were and Christians being suckers. 

Just now, inane said:

Why don't you Google them and you tell me. It'll answer both your questions--are vs were and Christians being suckers. 

See my edit. I missed the reference to the Quebec shooter. No Christian cleric ever encouraged this. What are you even talking about.

15 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

I don’t disagree Clam, but Christians get “suckered in” about other things still, don’t they?  There are some VERY WEALTHY Christian leaders, who rely upon their faithful flocks of followers for their wealth.  Sure they’re not preaching violence (mostly) but the control is still there.  I think The Muslim radical extremist leaders are similarly controlling their flocks in order to promote their personal wealth. 

ps. Those here, who attack you personally because of a contrary opinion are wrong.  These discussions are healthy, and should NEVER become personal.  

24 minutes ago, inane said:

What is that?

7 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I think he's referring to the massacre at Srebrenica, although maybe I'm wrong.

Ahh, you are probably right.

Maybe that is the Canadian version of spelling Srebrenica.

Joking aside, that place has never recovered since 1995.

41 minutes ago, inane said:

Let's do a little twist on your thinking. Let's look at how people are accepted and able to live in countries where Christianity is the main religion vs Muslim. Ask yourself what your ability would be like to live in those countries in comparison. Your wife, daughter, mothers, sister, grandmother and aunts as well. 

Hint: it ends poorly for those countries where Muslim is the main religion and it isn't even close. 

Now, before you post a one phrase walk away. Give it a real hard long look. A Muslim can setup and live in a Christian country. Try to do the opposite. 

Archived