The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vehicle (and possible shooting) attack in NYC.

taxi

21 hours ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

Did you mean every one religious lunatic and thus every single religious lunatic? If so, I understand. However, not all Muslims are radical. The ones that are make the most noise, pain and suffering. It can never be stopped. 

The horse is out of the barn for the radicals now. The world will get crazier and crazier. Just be aware of things around you and hope you aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Well, when 20 years has been spent bombing their countries  and relatives in to oblivion there's going to be some people with nothing to lose and a serious grudge against the American terrorists that dropped the bombs on their family while they were [insert rural middle eastern activity here]

19 hours ago, clam linguine said:

I remember the first time I came to Off Topic was to see what was up because people on the main board were implying you were exposing your true racist self  by being bold enough to call a spade a spade on the Muslim issue.....and now here you are....converted to PC culture.  

It's about facts.

Christians don't preach violence to promote Christianity. Certain Muslim fundamentalism encourages violence to promote Islam.

A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified. Globally 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is never justified, and in the US, 81% of Muslims opposed such violence. About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified. 

Please provide a violent example of this.

tweet1.jpg

2tweet.jpg

3tweet.jpg

Just you know...pointing out facts

Christians don't get suckered in by that anymore. Some Muslims still either get suckered in or are true to their religion (not sure which), that is the problem.

Image result for westboro

Or, is this just an isolated case now and only SOME Christians fall for it?  Please do let us know

18 hours ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

Let's do a little twist on your thinking. Let's look at how people are accepted and able to live in countries where Christianity is the main religion vs Muslim. Ask yourself what your ability would be like to live in those countries in comparison. Your wife, daughter, mothers, sister, grandmother and aunts as well. 

Hint: it ends poorly for those countries where Muslim is the main religion and it isn't even close. 

Now, before you post a one phrase walk away. Give it a real hard long look. A Muslim can setup and live in a Christian country. Try to do the opposite. 

Welcome to Dubai

Image result for dubai

Welcome to Jordan 

Image result for jordan country

And numerous others that allow for Christians to come and set up shop.  But ask that ALL LAWS be followed and respected or else.

See tyhe fallacy here is that you're not allowed.  But the truth is that you are allowed, it's just the laws are far more invasive and draconian than some would like so they perpetuate the myth of non allowance

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

We kind of agree on this matter, I think.  The killer (in this case) is clearly not winning some major prize for martyrdom, as promoted by those he follows.  Non of these murders are winning some prize they are preached receiving for their murderous acts.  They are "suckers", as Clam would say.  My point is this "suckering" is not about religion; it's about the leaders gaining wealth and power.  Those leaders are using (twisting) religion, because of its strong influence on people, to get people to do horrible things.  Christians are equally controlled by their leaders.  Are there not Christian extremists, who not only threaten but murder doctors who perform abortions, doing so in the name of their faith?  In both circumstances the murderers are evil. 

Oh FreshlyhatchedfromapodAlf ....standing high on a hill... letting his progressive sugar pills flow forth.  Remember.....

A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified. Globally only 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is never justified, and in the US, 81% of Muslims opposed such violence. About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified. 

1 minute ago, clam linguine said:

Oh FreshlyhatchedfromapodAlf ....standing high on a hill... letting his progressive sugar pills flow forth.  Remember.....

A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified. Globally 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is never justified, and in the US, 81% of Muslims opposed such violence. About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified. 

I accept your numbers, and say those Muslims who believe such are under the spell of their (philosophically perverted) leaders.  Their leaders live wealthy lives, and control their followers with lies, deceit, and false promises in order to propagate their own wealth.  There is a war, or should be a declared war, against those perverted leaders, who manipulate their followers.  

3 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Staying in the present, your African example is reasonable. I noticed their leader is compared to Koresh.  You'll find that 0% of Christians support this.

Clam, 0% of those Christians who are not controlled through lies, deceit, and propaganda by the very leaders who promote the hatred and violence.  Those who follow the “false prophets” fully believe they are Christian, and doing God’s work.  We need to accept we are at war agains many snakes, and we need to cut off their heads.  

5 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Drill to the teeth; potato peeler to the skin. He'll sing real quick and tell you all you need to know.

Trump wants to send him to Guantanamo. Both of us can drive him to the airport...

Hey John, we agree on something. See I’m not a bad guy after all. :)

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I accept your numbers, and say those Muslims who believe such are under the spell of their (philosophically perverted) leaders.  Their leaders live wealthy lives, and control their followers with lies, deceit, and false promises in order to propagate their own wealth.  There is a war, or should be a declared war, against those perverted leaders, who manipulate their followers.  

these kinds of reports are misused all the time and also guys like Clam never give the full picture. Most people in the US also support drone strikes fully knowing that some innocent people will be killed (http://www.people-press.org/2015/05/28/public-continues-to-back-u-s-drone-attacks/). I wonder how that goes over in Muslim countries?

You're correct Alf, it is the leadership all around on this that needs to be held accountable. 

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Well, when 20 years has been spent bombing their countries  and relatives in to oblivion there's going to be some people with nothing to lose and a serious grudge against the American terrorists that dropped the bombs on their family while they were [insert rural middle eastern activity here]

When did the Americans bomb his Country hippy?

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Or, is this just an isolated case now and only SOME Christians fall for it?  Please do let us know

What I know is you have said nothing about what happened, in fact you're defending islamic extremists and just knocking Christians every chance you get.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

these kinds of reports are misused all the time and also guys like Clam never give the full picture. Most people in the US also support drone strikes fully knowing that some innocent people will be killed (http://www.people-press.org/2015/05/28/public-continues-to-back-u-s-drone-attacks/). I wonder how that goes over in Muslim countries?

You're correct Alf, it is the leadership all around on this that needs to be held accountable. 

And people like you, hippy and inane support bringing in more radicalized muslims fully knowing that some innocent people will be killed.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

What I know is you have said nothing about what happened, in fact you're defending islamic extremists and just knocking Christians every chance you get.

In my view it's not the Abrahamic religions which are the issue, but the leaders of those faiths, who promote hatred and violence that are the problem.  

Archived