The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nuckz vz Duckz 7:00PM (SNP)

Odd.

This is gonna be a tough one for me to watch. I've got Ryan in two of my three hockey pools. Not as tough as Burrows, Juice's, Luongo's or Bert's first game against us... but pretty damn close. 

I don't think there was ever a Canucks player that I got attached to so fast within only 3 years of them playing here. Ryan was all man, all class, all talent. Probably my favourite American person on the planet. Although, I think Brock might take that title in a few years. 

I wish Ryan nothing but the best... and know he'll come out strong tonight. Tonight however, HE MUST GET LIT UP! Cup or Bust! I'd be happy with a 2-0 Canucks win. 

Canucks get 95 shots... Miller stops 94... and we pop one into the empty netter. The first goal comes from Brock. The second one being Marky Mark putting it into the empty net. 

Just now, apollo said:

This is gonna be a tough one for me to watch. I've got Ryan in two of my three hockey pools. Not as tough as Burrows, Juice's, Luongo's or Bert's first game against us... but pretty damn close. 

I don't think there was ever a Canucks player that I got attached to so fast within only 3 years of them playing here. Ryan was all man, all class, all talent. Probably my favourite American person on the planet. Although, I think Brock might take that title in a few years. 

I wish Ryan nothing but the best... and know he'll come out strong tonight. Tonight however, HE MUST GET LIT UP! Cup or Bust! I'd be happy with a 2-0 Canucks win. 

Canucks get 95 shots... Miller stops 94... and we pop one into the empty netter. The first goal comes from Brock. The second one being Marky Mark putting it into the empty net. 

I know there are people here who will appreciate this:

Campbell River, Nov 8th

Mackinley Whalen, 11, picked up on Ryan Kesler when he was a Vancouver Canuck. She wasn’t really a fan of the team – her parents are both Montreal Canadiens fans, after all – but she certainly did like “that number 17 guy,” she says, and when he was traded to Anaheim, her fandom followed.

“If he was traded to Toronto, I’d probably be a Leafs fan,” she says. “No you wouldn’t,” interrupts her mom April, half-jokingly.

So when Kesler went down with injury earlier this season, she decided to write him a letter wishing him a speedy recovery and letting him know they were going to be down that way with tickets to a pair of games.

“At first I was sad that you will not be playing,” the letter reads, “but I just want you to get better soon. If you are around the arena for those games and feel like some popcorn I’m willing to share mine with you.” The letter included her seat number for each game. 

“It was so awesome,” Mackinley says. “He came down and I thought, ‘is this a fake person trying to tease me or a joke or something?’ but then he sat with me and had popcorn…and watched almost the full period with me.”

“He was so down to Earth and engaging,” April says. “He was genuinely interested in everything she had to say. Even my husband said, ‘I wanted to hate the guy, but I couldn’t. He was so nice.’”

4NjH6Fw.png

19 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I know there are people here who will appreciate this:

Thank's for sharing +1 HYDRATION... man I keep loling at this "Hydration" instead of a regular +1... thank you to whoever made this update. Assuming it was the work of @StealthNuck

11 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

I'm pretty sure @apollo is talking about Miller and not Kesler. :bigblush:

I was. 

9 minutes ago, Green Building said:

:lol::lol:

I realized I skimmed the last few sentences when he was talking about saves. Oh well. 

As Pluralsight mentioned, I was but I really enjoyed that article. 

I personally hated Kesler's guts after his departure... but I've let go of all that negative energy and have come to terms what a warrior he was for us. He's cleaned up his act a little now too as he's aged and matured. I wish him success anytime he doesn't play us. 

Also... anyone out there that still dislikes Ryan Kesler... just remember, as sour as it ended, there was no one that left more on the ice for us during his 10 years than Ryan did. He was as invested in the team as anyone else was for a decade.

You can't deny his passion and his emotion for the team. This video breaks my heart. 

No need to cry Ryan... you and the 2011 crew are champions in my books. That's the only book that matters... not the old boys clubs. 

1 minute ago, apollo said:

I personally hated Kesler's guts after his departure... but I've let go of all that negative energy and have come to terms what a warrior he was for us. He's cleaned up his act a little now too as he's aged and matured. I wish him success anytime he doesn't play us. 

Also... anyone out there that still dislikes Ryan Kesler... just remember, as sour as it ended, there was no one that left more on the ice for us during his 10 years than Ryan did. He was as invested in the team as anyone else was for a decade.

The only thing that bothered me about his departure was his compete level his final season or 2. He still tallied goals, but it appeared that his heart wasn't in it anymore. He looked like a more cautious player, and one that obviously wanted to leave. I don't care that he left, or even that he demanded a trade, it was the way he looked on the ice that bothered me. 

Having said that, he's one of my favourite Canucks, and I'll take another Kesler back here anytime. 

Archived