Sven Baertschi 1.85 million pending RFA

Ben Hutton 2.8 million till 2019

Thomas Vanek 2 million pending UFA

Columbus Trades

Boone Jenner 2.9 million pending RFA

Andrew Peeke unsigned  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=291905

Jack Johnson 4,357,143 million pending UFA

2nd round pick in 2018

Condition 4th in 2018(If CBJ make the conference final it becomes a 1st)

CBJ adds scoring on the wing for the future with Baertschi and someone who can help them in the playoffs in Vanek. They replace Jack Johnson, who they would have to let go in FA due to cap issues, with a younger cheaper defenseman that will benefit them moving forward. Peeke is expendable with Savard and Jones locks as the two top 4 RD. 

Vancouver adds a gritty 24-year-old two-way PWF who can play be used in all situations in Jenner, a defenseman in Johnson that they can flip at the deadline for more assets and a solid RD prospect in Peeke. On top of that, they stockpile on picks. Hutton is expendable with the amount of LD within our organization(Pouliot, Juolevi, Brisebois, Tryamkin?)

Seems like a win-win in my books.

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Vancouver trades

Sven Baertschi 1.85 million pending RFA

Ben Hutton 2.8 million till 2019

Thomas Vanek 2 million pending UFA

Columbus Trades

Boone Jenner 2.9 million pending RFA

Andrew Peeke unsigned  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=291905

Jack Johnson 4,357,143 million pending UFA

2nd round pick in 2018

Condition 4th in 2018(If CBJ make the conference final it becomes a 1st)

CBJ adds scoring on the wing for the future with Baertschi and someone who can help them in the playoffs in Vanek. They replace Jack Johnson, who they would have to let go in FA due to cap issues, with a younger cheaper defenseman that will benefit them moving forward. Peeke is expendable with Savard and Jones locks as the two top 4 RD. 

Vancouver adds a gritty 24-year-old two-way PWF who can play be used in all situations in Jenner, a defenseman in Johnson that they can flip at the deadline for more assets and a solid RD prospect in Peeke. On top of that, they stockpile on picks. Hutton is expendable with the amount of LD within our organization(Pouliot, Juolevi, Brisebois, Tryamkin?)

Seems like a win-win in my books.

I like the idea of trying to acquire Boone Jenner, he plays a great game that we could use. 

I would like to see what sort of term and $ amount Baer is looking for before we deal him.

Pouliot has played better than any of us would have thought, he sort of makes Hutton expendable if Holm, Wiercioch or another lhd is capable of filling in a bottom pair role if needed.

What about if we tried to acquire a Jenner & Murray package? I know that would cost us quite a bit probably but I think Murray could be a solid addition for us as well as Jenner who brings a lot to our team that we lack.

Columbus is one of the top teams in the league right now. They'll let Johnson walk in free agency before accepting a deal like this.

Baertschi has been good for the Canucks this year and has developed chemistry with Bo. Not sure if the Canucks would want to sell on him now. Would be hard to put a value on him but Jenner, 2nd and the 4th pick is probably close.

Hutton's value right now is pretty low.

He wasn't all that good last season and hasn't been great this season either. I don't know a lot about Peeke to be honest. Considering Columbus took him early in the second round just over a year ago though, I imagine they would value him higher than Hutton.

That leaves Vanek, who generally is believed to fetch a 3rd come the deadline. Vanek won't get you Johnson. 

Trading off Baertschi to acquire a soon to be free agent defensemen probably isn't in either teams interest

How about

Baertshchi

Vanek

for 

Jenner

Peeke

2nd 

CBJ gets a lot of scoring got the playoffs, one guy is a good rental in Vanek and the other being an offensive upgrade on Jenner in Baertschi.

We get size in our top 6 in Jenner who may not be as good offensively as Baer but adds elements we don't have a lot of, a good RD prospect and an early pick.

On 11/29/2017 at 6:55 AM, Drakrami said:

Benning first have to kidnap the Columbus's GM's whole family... You forgot to mention that. 

Exactly this. We're not saying that we're opposed to kidnapping his whole family in order to build a hockey team (this is Canuck fans we're talking about), we're just saying that you forgot to include that in your proposal..... :) 

Archived