The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

7 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

He also eariler said Vancouver would probably want a top 4 D involved in that package.  Likely top 4 D man, top prospect and maybe a 1st? Not sure.

Tanev to TB would have been great this deadline, but the added length to his injury probably haults such a big trade now and moves it to the draft.

If TB is interested the ask starts with Foote, which their fans seem reluctant to give up but I think he would be available. I dont know if we get 3 top end pieces from Tampa for him but maybe Foote, F Prospect/Namestnikov & 2018 2nd?

16 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Canucks don't have much of a record of giving ice time to the kids unless its a gifting for PR.

I would like to see Holm get some ice time over Hutton and Beiga.

Holm isn't a kid never mind how much horse manure that is.

Hutton hasn't even been playing and Biega plays right side, Holm left.

11 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

He also eariler said Vancouver would probably want a top 4 D involved in that package.  Likely top 4 D man, top prospect and maybe a 1st? Not sure.

That should certainly be the asking price. I think we'd settle for slightly less but that's where you start.

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Tanev to TB would have been great this deadline, but the added length to his injury probably haults such a big trade now and moves it to the draft.

I don't think his injury would terribly effect a trade TBH. They'd have him for this and two more playoff runs and are in no way fighting for their lives to make the playoffs. Hence tehy have no dire need to add him RIGHT NOW. Waiting a couple weeks really has little effect on that.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don't think his injury would terribly effect a trade TBH. They'd have him for this and two more playoff runs and are in no way fighting for their lives to make the playoffs. Hence tehy have no dire need to add him RIGHT NOW. Waiting a couple weeks really has little effect on that.

Oh I agree I think he will be back with a month to go in the season, I liked the Gudbranson signing, but trading Tanev will be good for our team going forward he is our best tradeable asset. We could get a couple good pieces for him, I think TB would give up a decent return for him.

Would we have interest in Namestnikov as he is older and can step in right away or should we just go after their 1st or a F prospect instead and get youthful young pieces only? I like the idea of getting a mixture of both as Namestnikov is somewhat proven, getting only futures back can be more risky for better or worse.

14 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Oh I agree I think he will be back with a month to go in the season, I liked the Gudbranson signing, but trading Tanev will be good for our team going forward he is our best tradeable asset. We could get a couple good pieces for him, I think TB would give up a decent return for him.

Would we have interest in Namestnikov as he is older and can step in right away or should we just go after their 1st or a F prospect instead and get youthful young pieces only? I like the idea of getting a mixture of both as Namestnikov is somewhat proven, getting only futures back can be more risky for better or worse.

As much as I'd like the move, I'd say it's less likely that Tanev gets moved, than he does. But if it does happen, I think we'd be getting closer to a 'warm body' (and salary) than a legit 'top 4' back along with a top prospect and pick.

Using TBL as the example... The only problem being that a lot of the guys they're likely to want to move have NTC's. Something like Girardi/Coburn/Koekkoek/Stralman (though I think they'd prefer to keep the latter), Foote and their 1st would be in the ballpark with a tweak here or there.

34 minutes ago, Yotes said:

If TB is interested the ask starts with Foote, which their fans seem reluctant to give up but I think he would be available. I dont know if we get 3 top end pieces from Tampa for him but maybe Foote, F Prospect/Namestnikov & 2018 2nd?

Remove the F prospect.

I'd take Foote, Namestikov, and a 1st. :D

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As much as I'd like the move, I'd say it's less likely that Tanev gets moved, than he does. But if it does happen, I think we'd be getting closer to a 'warm body' (and salary) than a legit 'top 4' back along with a top prospect and pick.

Using TBL as the example... The only problem being that a lot of the guys they're likely to want to move have NTC's. Something like Girardi/Coburn/Koekkoek/Stralman (though I think they'd prefer to keep the latter), Foote and their 1st would be in the ballpark with a tweak here or there.

How old is Stralman now 32?  Could be an ok fit for Juolevi if he has no ntc. I also am fond of koekkoek.

I think getting Cal Foote would be a hell of a steal. His father was amazing and all signs point hes going to be very good too .

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Mainly people bouncing off elliott friedman's 31 thoughts but also Dhaliwal said edler's agent is not returning calls or txtxs. Little odd you would think he would just say edler is not going anywhere

Maybe he's just in the can? :P 

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Mainly people bouncing off elliott friedman's 31 thoughts but also Dhaliwal said edler's agent is not returning calls or txtxs. Little odd you would think he would just say edler is not going anywhere

Could be eating breakfast. :) An Edler deal would be shocking. (I'm guessing over a few days)

How does Elliot 31 thoughts tie in.

kypreos said Karlsson would take 6-7 assets To land him. Then add on the 12 million + contract hes do for. Makes a player like Tanev who is affordable now and would be reasonable to sign more desirable. Especially at half the cost to acquire. just depends if teams have patience to wait for him to heal.

6 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Until more league wide insiders chime in on this I don't think there is a ton to look into really, but I do hope I am wrong!

That is totally fair.  I think it's a bit of a stretch. I'm still in the mindset he cannot be traded.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

That is totally fair.  I think it's a bit of a stretch. I'm still in the mindset he cannot be traded.

benning has got more Canucks with NTC to waive then players to not waive. Edler must see this team going no where and unless he takes a discount to stay he will have to find a new home anyway. Edler going to TB, playing 2nd line minutes with a chance at a cup is worth waiving for. PLus he could excel and get a career ending long deal in the summer of 2019 with a nice cap hit & NTC protection

22 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Could be eating breakfast. :) An Edler deal would be shocking. (I'm guessing over a few days)

How does Elliot 31 thoughts tie in.

kypreos said Karlsson would take 6-7 assets To land him. Then add on the 12 million + contract hes do for. Makes a player like Tanev who is affordable now and would be reasonable to sign more desirable. Especially at half the cost to acquire. just depends if teams have patience to wait for him to heal.

Even Gretzky didn't return that much.

Archived