The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

I believe TOR is interested in Tanev, and I wonder if Lamoriello`s already made an offer that wasn`t close. Benning did say in the media that it would take a special offer for him to consider moving him. Lou`s just being cheap. I hope Benning doesn`t budge, unless the offer is very good. 

19 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I believe TOR is interested in Tanev, and I wonder if Lamoriello`s already made an offer that wasn`t close. Benning did say in the media that it would take a special offer for him to consider moving him. Lou`s just being cheap. I hope Benning doesn`t budge, unless the offer is very good. 

He won't.  He has no motivation to move Tanev otherwise.

32 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Bob McKenzie on Canucks @ Trade Deadline.  Link included: Click here.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/mckenzie-boeser-horvat-edler-with-ntc-are-lone-canucks-untouchables-1.1008076

Just started giving it a listen. Boeser, Horvat, Edler only untouchables in his eyes.

Real profound stuff by bobby mack.

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don’t know what JB’s price is to move Tanev, but TO is very close to being a Cup team, and Tanev is (maybe?) their missing piece.  I really hate the LOSER LAUGHS, so I don’t want them getting their missing piece.  

KEEP Tanev

34 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Bob McKenzie on Canucks @ Trade Deadline.  Link included: Click here.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/mckenzie-boeser-horvat-edler-with-ntc-are-lone-canucks-untouchables-1.1008076

Just started giving it a listen. Boeser, Horvat, Edler only untouchables in his eyes.

I`m assuming the other untouchables he never mentioned are Demko, Juolevi and Pettersson?

Interesting listen, how quiet things have been, and nothing on Hutton. Seems Vanek might be the only trade, if he`s traded at all. 

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t want Littlegren.  Little Subban was better, and he couldn’t manage the d zone in the NHL.  Littlegren isn’t as good offensively, and is even worse defensively.  

Exactly. He fell at the draft for a reason. He isn't that good at D. I like Dermott. I would do Dermott, first, Leivo. 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I`m assuming the other untouchables he never mentioned are Demko, Juolevi and Pettersson?

Interesting listen, how quiet things have been, and nothing on Hutton. Seems Vanek might be the only trade, if he`s traded at all. 

He followed it up by saying.. essentially every canuck prospect is pretty much untouchable. Think he mentioned Boeser/Horvat first because they are only nhl players worthy of untouchable. (I think stech deserves that too)

8 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

They're Laffs fans, it can't be helped. Canucks fans as a whole aren't great at player evaluations either (Raymond, Ballard, and a First), neither is any fan base for that matter, but in general we exist in the same reality as the NHL. Leafs fans have the entire hockey media telling them everything the Leafs do is perfect and their C-grade prospects are worth their weight in gold to other teams just because they're Leafs. Of course that's going to warp their perspective.

yes, they have a very 'invested' media in Toronto, with some of them being the effective media arm of the franchise.

Rogers (ie Sportsnet) does own a majority share in the franchise - since 2011.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Don’t want Littlegren.  Little Subban was better, and he couldn’t manage the d zone in the NHL.  Littlegren isn’t as good offensively, and is even worse defensively.  

Sorry Alf, but this is total BS.  

the kid isn't the greatest dman ever, but I will bet every penny I have that he will be miles better than Subban.  

Much better offensive skills, and already a better d game than Subban. 

Having said that, I want no part of him either.  

9 hours ago, rekker said:

Leaf fans are the worst. They all say they don't want our scraps. As if they think they are a finished product. D like Tanev don't grow on trees. Their D still needs a lot of work. If they are to stupid to remember the chemistry Tanev and Reilly had at the World Championships them screw them. 

They're Leafs fans.

They been educated about hockey by their pom pom media.

They're used to seeing trades - as part of a yard sale where they try to get anything they can for any disposable asset.

They've watched their previous core - guys like Phaneuf and Kessel - get dumped for volumes of junk, cap dumps, M.A.S.H. assets - anything they can to extract a late pick - one they never draft any decent prospects with anyhow.

The market has a wishful, poorly informed concept of player values.

Komisarek and a pick for Luongo!  Some of it corroborated by halfwits like Botchford under their employ.

Oh well - their concept of player values is inconsequential.

But it does set them up for disappointment and sticker shock if they ever realistically aim to add - what they can't draft - outside the top 10 - to their roster.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

They're Leafs fans.

They been educated about hockey by their pom pom media.

They're used to seeing trades - as part of a yard sale where they try to get anything they can for any disposable asset.

They've watched their previous core - guys like Phaneuf and Kessel - get dumped for volumes of junk, cap dumps, M.A.S.H. assets - anything they can to extract a late pick - one they never draft any decent prospects with anyhow.

The market has a wishful, poorly informed concept of player values.

Komisarek and a pick for Luongo!  Some of it corroborated by halfwits like Botchford under their employ.

Oh well - their concept of player values is inconsequential.

But it does set them up for disappointment and sticker shock if they ever realistically aim to add - what they can't draft - outside the top 10 - to their roster.

Slow clap. Slow clap. 

Archived