The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

1 minute ago, NaveJoseph said:

Exactly what I was thinking. If Dahlin and Svechnikov are gone, we should draft Boqvist or Bouchard.

Or depending where we seed in the draft, NYI are sitting with two picks in the mid-later teens.  The draft goes pretty deep in the 1st with good dmen, so perhaps if Snow sees someone he really likes at our spot and both the B's are gone, we take his two from him in exchange, maybe even plus one of the 2nds if we have top drop a fair ways (8-10+), as undoubtedly we're going to pick top-10.

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

It's possible, alright.  I think he has said in the past that if they moved a significant dman that they'd want one in return.  But swapping a 28-year-old for a 24-year-old might not accomplish a whole lot?  Rather, considering our timeline I think he'd target a "near ready" like he did with Granlund and Baertschi.  That plus a pretty decent pick and whatever else to balance it out.

The team needs a legit shot from the point...hope jim finds a way to make that a reality 

23 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

I kind of hope we keep Tanev and pair him Juolevi next year. That could be a real special pairing. 
I think it's almost certain Juolevi will come up next year, with Benning and Linden repeatedly saying, "and Juolevi next year" when speaking of our depth on D. 

Elder - Gudbransin

Tanev - Juolevi 

Stecher - MDZ

Pouliot

25 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Do you guys believe Karlsson and Tanev are both not dealt by the draft.  If our draft pick is in the 5-7 range lets say. 

That we could package that high 1st, Tanev, and a Baerstchi for Karlsson?  

As much as I like Karlsson, I think that is a overpayment for sure...

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

The team needs a legit shot from the point...hope jim finds a way to make that a reality 

Boqvist has a wicked wrist shot from the point. Has unreal goal production for a defenseman playing in his league. 
Bouchard has more varied shot selection--has a good slapper and wrister. In addition, he makes smart plays all over the ice, and has chemistry with Juolevi. 

DWhbPuvX4AA8VA1.jpg:large

Namesnikov would be hard to pluck from Tampa as he has fitted well as the third man on the Stamkos-Kucherov line.  Not a big physical player standing at 6'0'', but is a feisty player who has had several NHL fights against some tough players such as Boone Jenner, and Sam Bennett.

Brock Nelson scores and makes plays and owns big frame, but isn't a physical player as Benning described.  Is good at puck retrievals though.

I can't imagine Florida wants to part with Bjugstad, as he has slid in nicely beside Barkov and Huberdeau.

16 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Exactly what I was thinking. If Dahlin and Svechnikov are gone, we should draft Boqvist or Bouchard.

I’d still be taking Zadina and Tkachuk ahead of those two.  They are the best options available imo.  

As as much as we need a D man, we need serious help on the LW as well... Sedin and Baertschi aren’t rounded enough for top 6 roles in this league.  And if you’re not rounded enough, you have to have some exceptional production, which they don’t.   If Pettersson doesn’t play center, he could help fill part of that void, and hope that Gaudette develops into a top 6 C.  We’d still need another top 6 LW tho. 

1 minute ago, 70seven said:

I’d still be taking Zadina and Tkachuk ahead of those two.  They are the best options available imo.  

As as much as we need a D man, we need serious help on the LW as well... Sedin and Baertschi aren’t rounded enough for top 6 roles in this league.  And if you’re not rounded enough, you have to have some exceptional production, which they don’t.   If Pettersson doesn’t play center, he could help fill part of that void, and hope that Gaudette develops into a top 6 C.  We’d still need another top 6 LW tho. 

Yeah, I have those 4 ahead of Boqvist and Bouchard too.

21 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Or depending where we seed in the draft, NYI are sitting with two picks in the mid-later teens.  The draft goes pretty deep in the 1st with good dmen, so perhaps if Snow sees someone he really likes at our spot and both the B's are gone, we take his two from him in exchange, maybe even plus one of the 2nds if we have top drop a fair ways (8-10+), as undoubtedly we're going to pick top-10.

Perhaps we could trade down for Hughes. I have reservations with drafting him in our spot, but if we traded down and got him I'd be thrilled.

7 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I'm hoping we trade for Domi and sign Kane. But yeah, if we don't get those guys, drafting BPA might be best. 

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Do you guys believe Karlsson and Tanev are both not dealt by the draft.  If our draft pick is in the 5-7 range lets say. 

That we could package that high 1st, Tanev, and a Baerstchi for Karlsson?  

I probably don’t do that.

There are serious questions about Karlsson’s health and he could well be in decline.

That is bad news for any team that is going to be asked to shell out $13 million a year on a long term contract.

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I probably don’t do that.

There are serious questions about Karlsson’s health and he could well be in decline.

That is bad news for any team that is going to be asked to shell out $13 million a year on a long term contract.

He has 9 pts in the last 10 games, working back to all-world status. 

Doubt the Senators will trade him before the deadline... at the draft, however...

45 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

DWhbPuvX4AA8VA1.jpg:large

Namesnikov would be hard to pluck from Tampa as he has fitted well as the third man on the Stamkos-Kucherov line.  Not a big physical player standing at 6'0'', but is a feisty player who has had several NHL fights against some tough players such as Boone Jenner, and Sam Bennett.

Brock Nelson scores and makes plays and owns big frame, but isn't a physical player as Benning described.  Is good at puck retrievals though.

I can't imagine Florida wants to part with Bjugstad, as he has slid in nicely beside Barkov and Huberdeau.

I was keen on Bjugstad for a long time.   Before he set foot on NHL ice.

I wonder if he would be considered for our 3C spot and move along from Sutter (if the Sedins stay on past this season).

it would be interesting to see him on a line with Virtanen.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

What's Bjugstad worth?  He cracked 40 points but once in his career and is sub-0.5ppg.  Some package with Hutton?  Include Nilsson and we take back Luongo to retire that recapture penalty sword of Damocles for good?

He is a natural centre, so that helps his value.  I probably do Hutton and Baertschi for Bjugstsd and a pick of some sort.

With moves like that, and the regular runours about us pursuing Kane, our forward core could look very different next year.

Kane-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Bjugstad-Virtanen

Sedin-Sedin-Petterson

Granlund-Sutter-Gagner

Gaunce

Archived