The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Botchford? Do We Really Need Him?

mooby

I'm sorry if this just isn't post worthy, I'm just so sick of the bulk of VAN's media.  Especially Botchford and JPat.  They get called out by Friedman, right or wrong.  The response is to act like children on twitter and through their own media outlets.  Snide remarks that have nothing to do about reporting on the team.  When did sports reporting become this odd story generation machine.  How much Canucks "news" do we need? 

Rant over.  Would love to know thoughts on why they are needed, or even why the Canucks put up with some of it?

Just now, the_impersonator13 said:

2 biggest d bags in our media. Problem is I follow 1040 on Twitter for some of the good insiders and stuff but constantly seeing those two's tweets and ugly mugs wants me to unfollow 1040 and just stick with 650 stuff. 

Same, which is exactly why it isn't as easy as not reading their articles.  Making it worse is the surprising amount of fanboys botch has egging him on to keep being an ass. On Twitter atleast. 

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Stop clicking on their website if you don't want to hear from them anymore.  Posting on CDC won't change anything.

Following different media outlets in Twitter make him unavoidable in some cases.  

Also posting about Markstrom's play or what line changes we'd like went change anything either. We still all do it. 

2 minutes ago, mooby said:

Same, which is exactly why it isn't as easy as not reading their articles.  Making it worse is the surprising amount of fanboys botch has egging him on to keep being an ass. On Twitter atleast. 

It's definitely as easy as that.  If people stop reading his articles and turning stations when he's on the radio, he'll lose his job(s).  Since he still has his job, plenty of people must still frequent his writings and broadcasts. 

Just now, mooby said:

Following different media outlets in Twitter make him unavoidable in some cases.  

Also posting about Markstrom's play or what line changes we'd like went change anything either. We still all do it. 

Read my post above for a response.

I'm not saying don't post about stuff on CDC, I'm saying if that's all you do, nothing will change.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Read my post above for a response.

I'm not saying don't post about stuff on CDC, I'm saying if that's all you do, nothing will change.

Yeah I do get what you're saying. I agree 100%.  Though I do think he's inserted himself to the point where it's like removing cancer... 

Just now, mooby said:

Yeah I do get what you're saying. I agree 100%.  Though I do think he's inserted himself to the point where it's like removing cancer... 

If Buffalo fans can get a GM fired, I have faith that fans who live in Vancouver can do the same to a reporter.

21 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

If Buffalo fans can get a GM fired, I have faith that fans who live in Vancouver can do the same to a reporter.

Wasn't it President of Hockey Operations/Star Center, Jack Eichel that got Murray fired?

They are two of the biggest morons out there.  

Captain Hindsights that don't take into consideration anything other then the narrative that they're trying to create.  

59 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Wasn't it President of Hockey Operations/Star Center, Jack Eichel that got Murray fired?

Wrong GM.  It was the guy Murray replaced who the fans got canned. I was wondering who the first person was going to be to say Murray.

Looks like you beat @48MPHSlapShot

to the punch.  And whoever +1s that comment after.

Archived