The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Botchford? Do We Really Need Him?

mooby

I don’t mind Paterson as much, he’ll at least give credit where it’s due. Botch just doesn’t seem like he understands the game very well. It’s almost like he lost his job with the “who wore it best” Hollywood drama column so they just let him be a sports writer. I’ve been addicted to this sport my entire life. I understand why a coach has to be tough on a young player and seen the results of it time and time again. Its laughable some hack is trying to get me pissed at the coach before the puck even drops. I finally called him out for it once and he blocked me haha

Guys like that exist because sadly there is a market for what they are putting out. Very negative people scoop this stuff up, quite frankly this exists with pretty much all media these days that are pushing certain agendas for different reasons. The sports media are no different, like a bunch of good communists, tow the party line or you are out. 

http://j-source.ca/article/fired-sportsnet-host-damian-goddard-files-human-rights-complaint-tweets-about-it/

In this case if you are pro traditional marriage apparently you need to keep your mouth shut. You can bet others took notice of him being fired and keep certain views to themselves. That's how people are being controlled, do what we say or you are gone.

My only exposure to Botchford is on the radio, usually just a few minutes when he's on the Bro&Pratt show. Obviously a lot of folks on CDC dont care for his opinions but personally, when I listen to him on 1040 I dont usually hear anything that seems too off base. The guy isn't stupid, despite what many around here think. That's just my opinion though, but I also enjoy Gallagher and JPat. The team stinks and they dont mind telling it how it is. They're definitely not cheerleaders.

3 minutes ago, Riviera82 said:

My only exposure to Botchford is on the radio, usually just a few minutes when he's on the Bro&Pratt show. Obviously a lot of folks on CDC dont care for his opinions but personally, when I listen to him on 1040 I dont usually hear anything that seems too off base. The guy isn't stupid, despite what many around here think. That's just my opinion though, but I also enjoy Gallagher and JPat. The team stinks and they dont mind telling it how it is. They're definitely not cheerleaders.

I heard the 1040 between periods show last night and the two guys hosting (Patterson was one I think) were describing how well Virtanen was playing, and referred to specifics of his heavy play.  I also listen to Botchford on that 1040 time slot, and he’s okay.  Maybe it’s on Twitter, which I don’t have, where those two are nasty?

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard the 1040 between periods show last night and the two guys hosting (Patterson was one I think) were describing how well Virtanen was playing, and referred to specifics of his heavy play.  I also listen to Botchford on that 1040 time slot, and he’s okay.  Maybe it’s on Twitter, which I don’t have, where those two are nasty?

Beats me, Alf. On the radio at least I dont think any of them are very unfair.

Just now, Riviera82 said:

Beats me, Alf. On the radio at least I dont think any of them are very unfair.

I think the best guy on radio now for 

Canuck’s talk is Dave Tomlinson.  He’s critical, but honest.  He points out good things too.  Plus, if anyone would have a good reason for feeling sour (lost his colour job) it would be him.  I would like him back on colour.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the best guy on radio now for 

Canuck’s talk is Dave Tomlinson.  He’s critical, but honest.  He points out good things too.  Plus, if anyone would have a good reason for feeling sour (lost his colour job) it would be him.  I would like him back on colour.  

I agree on both counts. Bachelor is ok but I find Hirsch painful.

Just now, Riviera82 said:

I agree on both counts. Bachelor is ok but I find Hirsch painful.

Considering the difference in quality of delivery between Tomlinson and Hirsch, why did the Canucks make that change?  Maybe it was a radio broadcast rights thing?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Considering the difference in quality of delivery between Tomlinson and Hirsch, why did the Canucks make that change?  Maybe it was a radio broadcast rights thing?  

I think so. On the negative side we lost Tomlinson, on the positive side we lost Abbott. 

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived