The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, You Mad Bro? said:

Am I the only one that thinks he’s really over hyped. Not sure I want BT. He missed last years draft by one day, so hes one of the oldest players available this draft. He has 8 goals and 21 assists in 40 games this year. I think there are better options picking in the top 5. Just my opinion tho

If we don't pick 1st or 5th it has be one of the forwards we can't miss on this pick it's crucial 

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

re-worded to the season.  I forgot injuries can last an entire year.  my bad.

thanks for the correction!

Wasn't correcting but I saw them mention the length - he might not be ready for training camp. 

It's not just the 1 win in 9 games.

It's that we only score seemingly more then one goal against teams with AWFUL defense. (Blackhawks, Rangers after the deadline) ,,,,

If anyone thinks what the Sedins did in the last two nights is impressive, then that's pretty sad how far the talent level or expectation has dropped. They just seem content way too often. All the time. Look at Henrik's smile after Gagner scored. Henrik looks like his team just won the cup. (We were down 2-1 when that happened...) what a leader or CAPTAIN does when this happens, is maybe a fist bump, a look up at the score-board to signal you still have to tie this and not be CONTENT until its tied or you ahvet he lead. But these guys just don't care about winning as much as Horvat's and Boeser types. SOrry for the Henrik bashing but He seriously bothers me lately (I'm Nitpicking here I know) so I don't expect someone else to have this opinion, but from his awful penalties, back-checking, post-game comments I get tired of hearing how great he has been when he hasn't been GREAT lately. If these are his final ten games, I'll refrain from saying anything else bad, but if he's here another year, or two...or three..oh boy.

Salt in the wounds now sportsnet is showing Bruins-Stars third period with Stars up 2-1, only for the Bruins to tie the game and We get the NESN feed (Bruins coverage) ...I've never heard whats his name, Jack Edwards or something? sound so biased in a third period regular season goal call. It was a shorty by Schaller to tie it with like 10 mins to go in the third, and his third shorty of the year and the guy literally went crazy with every word. I almost threw something.

The hockey gods keep giving us the 5th pick. I believe there many be a divine reason for this.  If buffalo out tanks us maybe it's meant to be? If we finish 2nd to last again the odds are we pick 5th again.  Perhaps aiming for 5th overall by finishing second to last leads us to a Dahlin win on our third precieved drop to 5!

I'm half joking.. half superstitious lol.  The Oracle says we win the cup next year! I believe!!! Dahlin and Pettersson are our path.

13 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

It's that we only score seemingly more then one goal against teams with AWFUL defense. (Blackhawks, Rangers after the deadline) ,,,,

If anyone thinks what the Sedins did in the last two nights is impressive, then that's pretty sad how far the talent level or expectation has dropped. They just seem content way too often. All the time. Look at Henrik's smile after Gagner scored. Henrik looks like his team just won the cup. (We were down 2-1 when that happened...) what a leader or CAPTAIN does when this happens, is maybe a fist bump, a look up at the score-board to signal you still have to tie this and not be CONTENT until its tied or you ahvet he lead. But these guys just don't care about winning as much as Horvat's and Boeser types. SOrry for the Henrik bashing but He seriously bothers me lately (I'm Nitpicking here I know) so I don't expect someone else to have this opinion, but from his awful penalties, back-checking, post-game comments I get tired of hearing how great he has been when he hasn't been GREAT lately. If these are his final ten games, I'll refrain from saying anything else bad, but if he's here another year, or two...or three..oh boy.

We seem to score well when we trade chances.  We seem to struggle against structured defenses when things heat up and we are missing our leader scoring. Arguably our new leader.

21 minutes ago, mll said:

Wasn't correcting but I saw them mention the length - he might not be ready for training camp. 

All good. Thank you anyways. You comment brought it to my attention to correct it. Much appreciated :D

Just so all of you know....to all of you saying tank, I want to actually run you over with a tank nice and slow. It doesn't work and its classless. I'm just glad we aren't actually doing it. We are crippled with injuries and the fight is still there. We are just not good enough.

20 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Oh Jesus. 

12 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Just so all of you know....to all of you saying tank, I want to actually run you over with a tank nice and slow. It doesn't work and its classless. I'm just glad we aren't actually doing it. We are crippled with injuries and the fight is still there. We are just not good enough.

Seriously don't you think everyone knows that.........I mean really!

15 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Hence the word TANK!

keep-calm-and-keep-on-tanking.jpg

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Hence the word TANK!

keep-calm-and-keep-on-tanking.jpg

not really. The word "tank" in these talks suggests we lose on purpose. Some teams in the past have obviously done that. To me people who get mad that we win show poor sportsmanship and class. Maybe its just me and a select few who feel that you should never hope your team loses.

22 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Well actually it does work it’s called odds and percentages. Lol we know first overall isn’t a guarantee but dropping only to the fourth overall is big.  Few more wins last year and we miss out on EP. 

Just now, Silky mitts said:

Well actually it does work it’s called odds and percentages. Lol we know first overall isn’t a guarantee but dropping only to the fourth overall is big.  Few more wins last year and we miss out on EP. 

true and a few more wins on top of that and we`re picking number one. Its just a poor plan to bank on a lottery system. Might as well stay classy and try and improve every game.

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Yeah but if we finish like 6th last for example, wouldn't you say there are 5 teams who need a high pick more than we do ? (not taking the lottery into account)

This is the only thing about "team tank" that I've ever disagreed with. I don't get the logic in saying something like "we deserve Dahlin" if we're not actually the worst team in the league

2 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Yeah but if we finish like 6th last for example, wouldn't you say there are 5 teams who need a high pick more than we do ? (not taking the lottery into account)

This is the only thing about "team tank" that I've ever disagreed with. I don't get the logic in saying something like "we deserve Dahlin" if we're not actually the worst team in the league

Yeah but the whole point is to the increase odds as much as possible. The system is flawed thanks to the oilers. 

19 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Seriously don't you think everyone knows that.........I mean really!

Tanev represents the fight lol.  First they target your teeth. Then when that doesn't stop you your leg. Lol. Tanman is like this team. We won't just roll over and die.  We fight for the right.. to parrtttyy!

#DraftParty2018

16 minutes ago, linden17 said:

not really. The word "tank" in these talks suggests we lose on purpose. Some teams in the past have obviously done that. To me people who get mad that we win show poor sportsmanship and class. Maybe its just me and a select few who feel that you should never hope your team loses.

I feel like were more like a humvee who's tires have been shredded and we've been slowly riding on the rims for the past 50 miles lol

The try is there. But this boat will only go so fast.

Archived