Canucks Community

The Travel Thread

WilliG

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Let's get this puppy going!

Where are you going this winter?

For winter, maybe I will take a day trip down to San Francisco, as well as a Canucks game in Vancouver. 

I've always wanted to go to Croatia, but not in the winter.  Montreal is really exciting in spring when the Habs make the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, brilac said:

For winter, maybe I will take a day trip down to San Francisco, as well as a Canucks game in Vancouver. 

I've always wanted to go to Croatia, but not in the winter.  Montreal is really exciting in spring when the Habs make the playoffs. 

Nice! A day trip to San Fran would be awesome!!!!

Trying for Hawaii we will see. Winter just so gross! Can't handle it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Let's get this puppy going!

Honestly, I'm thinking about doing an all-inclusive somewhere hot this year. Never done one - when I travel I usually stay in hostels so this'll be pretty different!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, babych said:

Honestly, I'm thinking about doing an all-inclusive somewhere hot this year. Never done one - when I travel I usually stay in hostels so this'll be pretty different!

All inclusive are beauty! I love them but I'm that guy at the pool at 8am pounding drinks.

Sometimes you just need a week to veg!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Nice! A day trip to San Fran would be awesome!!!!

Trying for Hawaii we will see. Winter just so gross! Can't handle it!

Yeah, I need to use up my remaining airline credit by the end of October.  San Fran sounds nice!  I used to go there many times and would take the BART from the airport to downtown on Powell ST and walk up the big hill, sometimes take the trolley to the other end.  If not taking the trolley, I would walk over to Fillmore ST and then over to Haight Ashbury and then down to that park and then over to the waterfront and back to Union Square and then take the BART back to the airport.  I would make a day of it.  There was a restaurant I really liked on the Warf.  I loved going there and enjoying the view, plus when I'd walk up the stairs to the restaurant, there were tons of old hollywood photos along the wall.  The restaurant has closed :( 

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, brilac said:

Yeah, I need to use up my remaining airline credit by the end of October.  San Fran sounds nice!  I used to go there many times and would take the BART from the airport to downtown on Powell ST and walk up the big hill, sometimes take the trolley to the other end.  If not taking the trolley, I would walk over to Fillmore ST and then over to Haight Ashbury and then down to that park and then over to the waterfront and back to Union Square and then take the BART back to the airport.  I would make a day of it.  There was a restaurant I really liked on the Warf.  I loved going there and enjoying the view, plus when I'd walk up the stairs to the restaurant, there were tons of old hollywood photos along the wall.  The restaurant has closed :( 

How long is the flight 2 hours?