The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BFHL 2018/19

Master Mind

20 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

@Jaku pretty sure your roster is illegal?

you have 5 C, 5 RW, 8 D, and 3 G — which means you will have 5 extra skaters. If you move Kerfoot to LW, your roster will be legal again.

It isn't illegal, as he doesn't exceed the max of any position, but it would be very wise to make that move to optimize points.

Especially when Donato is one of the LWs.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It isn't illegal, as he doesn't exceed the max of any position, but it would be very wise to make that move to optimize points.

Especially when Donato is one of the LWs.

So since none of my goalies look to be playoff goalies, I could drop a few of them in anticipation of the playoffs, and pick up a few Dman that will be in the playoffs?

Not to say Jaku is getting an advantage right now, but setting the roster like this allows you to pick up an extra bench player, which can definitely give an advantage during he playoffs... as you won’t necessarily have all playoff players.

4 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

So since none of my goalies look to be playoff goalies, I could drop a few of them in anticipation of the playoffs, and pick up a few Dman that will be in the playoffs?

Not to say Jaku is getting an advantage right now, but setting the roster like this allows you to pick up an extra bench player, which can definitely give an advantage during he playoffs... as you won’t necessarily have all playoff players.

At the very least you'll need to keep 1 goalie (15 F max + 8 D max, unless you run with 23 man roster).

Playoffs also use the same rules, as in only top 4 C, top 6 D, etc. count, so I don't think it'd be much of an advantage.

We can make it where teams need to meet minimums, such as at least 2 goalies. Doesn't matter to me either way.

:lol: some reason my brain just immediately tries to bend the rules in my favour. Which ever the rule, I’m happy with it. Having minimums gives teams less flexibility, so I’d lean towards changing nothing. 

I just interpreted the roster rules as saying you can only have 4 bench players, not that I wanted that. 

39 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I feel like I should have paid closer attention to the playoff format. I assumed it was like a yahoo league or fantasy football because that's all I've done. 

So basically 3/4 of my team won't be contributing because I loaded up with ottawa Senators?

Same with me and Canucks - but I wouldn't have it any other way ::D

50 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Who knows, maybe Ottawa and Vancouver make it?

Can always trade non-playoff guys and/or draft picks for ones on contenders. That's typically how it goes.

I'd rather lose forever than trade Brock, EP40, Stech or Bo.

5 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I've won three in a row but I'd say my playoff chances are almost non-existent.

I'll be a seller for sure.

After the beat down I going to give you this week, you won’t be a seller — you’ll want to quit this league!

On 11/19/2018 at 3:57 PM, Art Vandelay said:

After the beat down I going to give you this week, you won’t be a seller — you’ll want to quit this league!

I may have jinxed myself. Was having an absolutely abysmal week until tonight. Actually have a chance to win, with the 24 points from tonight.