The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BFHL 2018/19

Master Mind

16 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Well, after Jaku's squad had an early lead I thought we were done..but just checked and somehow we pulled off a comeback..in the lead at this moment but both teams have 4 guys still in the mix....can a 3 point lead hold up? I might have to start thinking like I can still make the playoffs. lol

My team sucks so there's usually a pretty good chance you're going to beat me. 

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:10 AM, Master Mind said:

Trade Log

Reveal hidden contents

To TOR: Noah Hanifin

To NSH: Sebastian Aho

To PHI: Filip Forsberg, Brenden Dillon, DAL 6th round pick

To DAL: Teuvo Teravainen, Sami Vatanen, PHI 3rd round pick

To TOR: Matt Niskanen, DAL 8th round pick

To DAL: Jaccob Slavin, TOR 5th round pick

To STL: Alex Debrincat, Ryan Suter, TOR 1st

To TOR: Kyle Connor, Ron Hainsey, STL 5th

To TBL: Brady Tkachuk, Jacob Chychrun, Carter Hutton, PHI 2nd, PHI 7th

To PHI: Tyler Johnson, Roman Josi, Semyon Varlamov, TBL 6th, TBL 10th

Rules/Rosters

Hide contents

It's casual, you make pickups at the start of the week, and Fantrax's count best system does the rest. I.e. if you have 3 goalies, we set it so only 2 count - it's like having a bench that automatically made the right decisions for you. This allows teams to just check in weekly should they wish, and not get left behind.

There is no salary cap.

24 man roster. Fantrax will count the top:

4 Centres

4 Left Wings

4 Right Wings

6 Defence

2 Goalies

per week.You may use your 4 extra spots on any position, up to a maximum of 5 at each forward position, 2 extra defence, 1 extra goalie.

You MUST have a rookie in your lineup at all times.

They must always be on the roster, but not necessarily accumulating points. I.e. If your rookie is a goalie, he could be your 3rd string, and not getting points due to your top 2 goalies outscoring him every week.

A rookie is defined by NHL standards. They should have an (R) beside their name on Fantrax if they qualify.

It is first come first served for free agents. If someone is dropped by another team, they go on waivers for 2 days. The team lowest in the standings to put a claim in during that time will get the player. If no one put in a claim, he becomes a free agent.

Keepers

Reveal hidden contents

Not all teams have same # of keepers. 10 skaters + 1 goalie if you make the playoffs, an additional skater if you miss. 1 fewer skater should you win Prez trophy or playoffs (2 fewer if both). This makes it so there is constant change in who makes the playoffs year after year. These conditions build up on multiple years, so if you miss the playoffs 2 years in a row, you'd have 2 additional keepers.

Scoring Structure

Reveal hidden contents

Forwards: Goals = 1 point, Assists = 1
Defence: Goals = 1.5, Assists = 1.5
Goalies: Wins = 2, Overtime/Shootout Losses = 0.5, Shutout = additional 2 points, Points = 1

Trades

Reveal hidden contents

Any trades made will take effect the following period. So a trade made in the middle of a matchup won't be processed until the next one.

Trades involving draft picks must have an equal amount going both ways. Only draft picks for the current year can be traded. Considering teams can have a different amount of keepers, and therefore also draft picks, you might not know how many rounds you will be drafting. You can use this as a replacement:

To PIT: PHI 7th

To PHI: John Doe, PIT last pick in draft

No trade can be made between the trade deadline and keeper selection deadline. That means if you stack your team for a run, you can't just sell them all back afterwards.

Playoffs

Hide contents

Playoffs are similar to Puck/FL. But instead of points being earned on the series as a whole, they are a game by game basis. So all your players game 1 totals would get added up vs your opponent's, and highest score wins game 1. This gets done for a best of 7 series. Should a player get eliminated part way through, tough luck. Should he advance (say a sweep), his average points (rounded down to nearest point) would be used. That way you're rewarded for having a dominant player, as opposed to punished for him finishing early. This has to be done manually as far as I know, and would love help with it if possible.

Conference winners get top 2 seeds, then 6 wildcards. Highest seed plays lowest wildcard. Reseeds after every round. 8 teams make it, so 3 rounds of playoffs. Our Finals will be during the RL Conference Finals.

Is it conference winner and 3 wildcards per conference? Or 6 wildcards regardless of conference @Master Mind

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Doah!

I reckoned we had tied for last playoff spot. But I am still a half game behind. With a team to jump & Philly next...  :wacko: 

Thanks for the confirming MM. I appreciate it.

No problem. Still only 1 point out, with 7 weeks to go. Feel free to go 6-1 during that span ;)

On 2/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, Art Vandelay said:

If anyone not making the playoffs, has a playoff player, they know for sure they won’t protect, hit me up before the deadline. I’ll give you a pick for what would be nothing otherwise. 

On 2/24/2019 at 8:25 PM, MikeyBoy44 said:

I'll pay double what this guy is

On 2/25/2019 at 6:05 AM, Phil The Thrill said:

I'll pay double what this guy is 

roger that, four picks for a playoff body that I wouldn't want to protect. Noted. can't wait to get down to the brass tacks of negotiations!

• Haha 1