The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PROPOSAL VANCOUVER AND COLUMBUS

I like Jenner, but this is overpayment.  Jenner plays a great game, but at the end of the day he's a third liner. If you value what he brings, he probably is even with a higher scoring Baertschi.  So then we are basically getting a third for Tanev which is WAAAYYY too low.

Besides all this, is this just trading rights?  Baertschi and Boone are both up for contract renewals.

28 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I like Jenner, but this is overpayment.  Jenner plays a great game, but at the end of the day he's a third liner. If you value what he brings, he probably is even with a higher scoring Baertschi.  So then we are basically getting a third for Tanev which is WAAAYYY too low.

Besides all this, is this just trading rights?  Baertschi and Boone are both up for contract renewals.

Agree to disagree, Jenner got 30 goals at a 22 year old, I think hes much better than a third liner with more upside that cheese but maybe I'm wrong.

That CBJ GM is very stingy, I bet he'd want is to add the 3rd. I'd still probably do that deal. With the talent of our winger prospects I'd be fine with Bo and Jenner carrying 1/2C duties until Pettersson is ready to take over a C role. If we landed Kane in free agency as well we'd have a tough top 6 to play against. 

We cannot trade Tanev for Jenner = NO

He has had 49 points once in 5 yrs - goal scoring 16 - 30- 18 and 2 season below 11 goals... 24yrs old 6'2, 210 lbs, really a 3rd line centre

has up side and could fill 2nd line for short period? He needs a change, he put up 49 points 2 yrs ago??

So most I would trade is Beartchi  for Jenner.......

Beartchi is a  20 -24 goal guy if healthy same age

5 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Agree to disagree, Jenner got 30 goals at a 22 year old, I think hes much better than a third liner with more upside that cheese but maybe I'm wrong.

Way to cherry pick his best season.  His point totals regressed year over year since and now he's getting dangerously close to half that. 

I think how good he shows NOW might mean more than something he accomplished three seasons ago but maybe I'm wrong.

Boone Jenner looks like Sutter. Both do most of their work in the Dzone. Both are good for 35ish points. Both reliable in the faceoff dot. Jenner has slightly more hits. 2 more takeaways. They are the same guy it looks like. Jenner has had one really good season sandwiched between his first 2 okay seasons and the last 2 seasons which looks to be the "real" Jenner. A solid defensive 3rd line center. Jenner even gets some PP time whereas it doesn't look like Sutter gets any. If he does he has no points on the PP.

Also looking at Sutter's even strength deployment he started 78% of his starts in the Dzone. LOL. And he still damn near matched Boone Jenner's point totals. Jenner had 6 more points in 14 more games. I don't see any reason to grab Jenner unless we want to run 1 two way center and 3 defensive zone centers. Guess we could bring back the trap and try win games 1-0.

17 hours ago, kloubek said:

Way to cherry pick his best season.  His point totals regressed year over year since and now he's getting dangerously close to half that. 

I think how good he shows NOW might mean more than something he accomplished three seasons ago but maybe I'm wrong.

Let me know when Cheese gets 30 goals . 

8 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Let me know when Cheese gets 30 goals . 

Are we just considering goals now?  I would argue assists are almost as important - especially primary assists.  If he remained healthy, he was on track for 45 points.  That's better than any of Jenner's years by quite a bit - minus his single 49 point campaign.  Basically, you have two players going in different directions.  Baertschi is improving year over year, whereas Jenner is regressing year over year.  

22 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Are we just considering goals now?  I would argue assists are almost as important - especially primary assists.  If he remained healthy, he was on track for 45 points.  That's better than any of Jenner's years by quite a bit - minus his single 49 point campaign.  Basically, you have two players going in different directions.  Baertschi is improving year over year, whereas Jenner is regressing year over year.  

Ok, so you would rather have cheese than Jenner, I understand . I could be wrong but I am guessing you would be in the minority on that one. Like I said I could be wrong.

20 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Ok, so you would rather have cheese than Jenner, I understand . I could be wrong but I am guessing you would be in the minority on that one. Like I said I could be wrong.

Actually, I'd rather have Jenner.  Not because I think he is inherently the better player, but he offers a more rounded, physical game and maybe some leadership.  Baertschi is fine if you already have those kinds of players in the lineup, but we are lacking.  Jenner is the kind of guy you put in a 3rd line role but he can move through your lineup if required, but Baertschi really needs to be in the top 6. But the main thing is that we have a lot of talent coming who will either match Baertschi's abilities (and one dimensionality) or surpass his abilities and/or bring a more rounded game.

Point is that if we are strictly talking overall VALUE, the proposal as presented was lopsided against us.  And I'd say that's something most would *agree* with.

27 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Actually, I'd rather have Jenner.  Not because I think he is inherently the better player, but he offers a more rounded, physical game and maybe some leadership.  Baertschi is fine if you already have those kinds of players in the lineup, but we are lacking.  Jenner is the kind of guy you put in a 3rd line role but he can move through your lineup if required, but Baertschi really needs to be in the top 6. But the main thing is that we have a lot of talent coming who will either match Baertschi's abilities (and one dimensionality) or surpass his abilities and/or bring a more rounded game.

Point is that if we are strictly talking overall VALUE, the proposal as presented was lopsided against us.  And I'd say that's something most would *agree* with.

Agree to disagree which is fine, I love Tanev but he is valued as damaged goods I'm guessing by most GMS at this point and cheese is what he is. I like Jenner and Bennings ability to find some gems in later rounds hence the third round pick. 

Archived