The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2018-2019 - Official Draft Thread

Tigs

Well?

From Round 18. Because really serious prospects had been picked through at a premium we did not expect? Which also left guys like @Mike Vanderhoek licking their chops, corralling all the veterans... We changed up our draft strategy. It seemed their was a better range of mid tier prospects. And they were perhaps better value than tabbing veterans who would get 100 or 150 fantasy points???

So we started drafting ''NHL ready,'' or very near to fill out our roster And we still had 1 or 2 D spots, our 3rd goalie & 3 forward spots to fill out.  We believed we were a strong chance to make the play-off's at that point? But our season rides on filling out that roster with guys who have not made it yet.  :wacko: We tabbed Steve Santini, Jeremy Roy, Juuso Riikola & Will Carrier on D, Alex Nedeljkovic as our 3rd goalie, Axel Jonsson Fjallby, Filip Chaplik, Tyler Benson & Linus Olund up front.  Our hope is enough play meaningful games that we stay in competition?

And we passed on some higher ceiling players, so we could have enough volume of NHL ready guys.  But we also hope it gives us better depth than hit or miss home run guys...

But NHL guys are now running out.  (We have a few left, maybe in mind?)  So we're turning back to guys with some upside...

Florida excitedly selects Ivan Morozov

Related image

1 hour ago, Patrick Kane said:

Well, with 6 rounds left, and 2 months left in the season - this absolute worst case scenario (if everyone takes their pick at the 2 hour mark) the draft would be done in 23 days. (not counting in further time restrictions..)

I think we will be done by the end of next week.

totally true. I still volunteer to cut my remaining picks to a 30 minute clock. If i am home i already have a list that will cover them and will be picked within minutes..if i am not home, why make 30 guys wait 2 hours? I totally don't mind and it doesn't hurt the league any. 

Archived