The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No ref, no game

6 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i thought this was really interesting

[...]

now if only the NHL refs would be this cool and let the fans get a glimpse of what goes on in the mind of the maniacs. these refs are pretty lit

You might find this interesting.  It's a behind the scenes documentary that follows Ghislain Hebert when he was still a rookie ref and long-time ref Bill McCreary.  It's from the 2010 season.

Also Kerry Fraser had an article up in the Players' Tribune a couple of years back called 'the Zebra' - was an interesting read. 

35 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Behind the scenes Sutherland....

7.jpg

(just kidding of course, he does it not for money but because he has an actual vendetta against the Canucks in my opinion).

He's been a huge problem in other series too.   Whether or not money has exchanged hands, the fact that the NHL sees him as fit to officiate an elimination game is embarrassing to the sport.  Any honest league would have terminated this scumbag;s employment long ago.

I would be filing a formal complaint if I was the Jets.

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's been a huge problem in other series too.   Whether or not money has exchanged hands, the fact that the NHL sees him as fit to officiate an elimination game is embarrassing to the sport.  Any honest league would have terminated this scumbag;s employment long ago.

I would be filing a formal complaint if I was the Jets.

I want to know how it's like to hate someone as much as you hate Kelly Sutherland (don't mistake that for me defending him, I've never liked him as a ref, either).

5 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

I want to know how it's like to hate someone as much as you hate Kelly Sutherland (don't mistake that for me defending him, I've never liked him as a ref, either).

Frustrating to see the top league for your favourite sport continue to allow him to fix matches.  I care about the integrity of the game too much and it disgusts me to see the NHL stooping to the WWE's level.

I'm not saying I hate Sutherland, but I would unplug his life support to charge my cell phone.

Archived