The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

Thanks to Bomba for the quick and easy discussions. We want to wish Jake Muzzin the best with the Blues, we believe Jake will be a good top-4 defenseman for St.louis.

This was a deal we are happy with as we are familiar with Kuemper as he was on our championship roster a few years ago.  Darcy will provide a good option for us to give Pekka a rest when needed. Also nice to add a pick this year to our stable. 

Great debut for Darcy as well as he put up a 38 save win against the Caps!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Pending the IR placement of John Klingberg...

Call-up: The Washington Capitals call-up Sami Niku to the NHL roster.

Updated Lineup:

E. Kane - Turris - Dzingel

Kreider - Koivu - Laine

Peca - Lowry - Silfverberg

Kassian - Copp - Dea

Yandle - Ellis

DeMelo - Grzelcyk

Djoos - Gudas

Murray

DeSmith 

Extras: T. Thompson, J. Ryan, Niku

In a couple days I'll become inactive for ten days.

Still waiting on Nylander to sign. The Caps are committed to Nylander regardless of how the hold out plays out.

Still not getting the production we hope for from our bottom 6 but our vets have been very productive thus far. Hopefully we can hold it together until Klingberg gets back.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

small.png  Tom Wilson's suspension has been reduced to 14 games by an independent arbitrator.

Wilson is now cleared to play.

I think that's disgraceful. Next time someone like Wideman / Wilson / Watson does something stupid, ban them for a season so the arbitrator reduces it to 40 games. This makes a mockery of player safety.

7 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

I think that's disgraceful. Next time someone like Wideman / Wilson / Watson does something stupid, ban them for a season so the arbitrator reduces it to 40 games. This makes a mockery of player safety.

I agree. Wtf was it reduced for? Good behavior?

8 minutes ago, greensman said:

I agree. Wtf was it reduced for? Good behavior?

Yeah just don't get it. He lost his shot at appeal and Betman announced the 20 games will stand.

Yet a neutral arbitrator reduces to 14 games? I assume this is powered by the PA and the League can't simply disregard it?

Oh give him the almost 400 thousand dollars he would have lost while your at it too lol.

Like much of our evolving society this makes no sense, making decisions that go against common sense and hurt you in the long run.

20 hours ago, Sludge said:

Player movement:

The Chicago Blackhawks place Robin Lehner on waivers with the intention of  assigning him to the minors

The Chicago Blackhawks recall David Rittich to the main roster

mmhhhh ... a solid Goalie for Free ...nice for those GM´s who could need a Goalie.  

Is Lehner listed as Starter in this League ....just curious, :) 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Squeak said:

WAIVERS: The Colorado Avalanche has claimed G Robin Lehner on waivers from the Chicago Blackhawks

@aGENT @Sludge

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Waivers Colorado places Hutchinson on waivers with the intention of assigning him to the minors, to make room for Lehner. 

After reviewing - the waiver claim of Colorado was not the lowest placed team, thus Lehner is not awarded to Colorado.

The waiver placement of Huchinson is not currently valid - if you would still like to waive him, please repost