The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

33 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

All updates complete. Let me know if you see anything missing.

Small, but Richardson not listed on IR FWIW.

Thanks to GM @Rush17 for the surprisingly quick, but fun as always, negotiation.

We're taking on a bit of long term risk moving valued futures in Dahlen and Tryamkin out but felt we had the prospect depth to acquire a more established, solid young D in Cholowski that helps us to continue to push towards next years planned/hoped, for ascension.

And who knows, with his contributions, maybe even get some of the kids here now, some valuable playoff experience this season.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This is Fantasy. And value is more bi polar. A strong producing 29 year old on a non play off team is still a questionable asset to spend assets on. And players on fringe play off teams fall in between. Sid on the other hand, should command! 

You asked some questions?

The best part of GML is and has been some of the expertise of its vet GM's. Its unique to be involved in a hockey pool, I'm in Melbourne, with legit analysts, and hockey personalities. And that creates banter and activity, both behind the scenes and in the thread. But people KNOW their stuff in this league. And I loved the interview process to be hired; you tested if I knew my stuff. The personalities because of what they know, than who they are. Expertise of GM's. And in particular expertise in agents and league negotiators.

From a structural standpoint, ie rules, the concept of taking care of players is intrinsic here than other pools. Be a team a player wants to sign with. Not just highest bidder. And the budgets, invest in player relations, the ability to put people on IR > All very good!

From a fix it stage?  The goal has to be press for activity & communication. Maybe get a ''state of the union'' position from every GM at some point each season. Like you asked, what would you do with this team, in interviews. And monitor whether they action their plan.  And in particular in the lead ups to key periods. The trade deadline, draft, summer signing. If 1/3rd of the GM's are not active? Press for that plan. Have a new hire ready as a guy slips into oblivion. The season before last we had 3 teams that could not field a team opening day. They don't have to make constant trades. Just be involved. But having vacant GM's means if 10 teams should be neutral, buyers or sellers each? Having only 5 buyers instead of 10 means sellers can inflate prices. And that can make the game less enjoyable. Which even you have experienced. Activity levels!

The activity levels of GML, from an exec standpoint are lower than other pools Kurt. Updates in particular. The timeframes for the free agency period. If it takes 2 months for answers on UFA offers? We appreciate, I do, that its volunteers.  It stunts whether guys do, or don't do trades interim. Whereas our draft, as its so fast, is very interesting and all decisions are done, boom! That gets everyone excited. And the key monitoring of GM's activity if letting their team slip, is ''policed'' better in other pools.     

A group of three potential GMs waiting in a queue for a team to come available would be great. 

I like the idea of the State of the Union press release from every GM to let it be known where the GM sees the team is at and what the plan is moving forward. If the GM doesn’t follow through or make progress he gets fired and one of the potential GMs take his job. 

This is sounds harsh but it holds guys accountable and keeps the league running smoothly. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

State of the union will be great practise for my political career :)

1) love the format of the game, most realistic I’ve ever been in and love dealing with all of you. A lot of great gms here. 

2,3) it is a bit frustrating with some slow updates and lack of activity at times but I believe in this league, we are just in a bit of a slump right now. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

TRADE: The Edmonton Oilers have made a trade with the Florida Panthers.

To FLA:
small.png William Karlsson

small.png Joe Thornton

small.png NYR 2020 2nd Round Draft Selection

To EDM:

small.png Patrick Kane
small.png STL 2019 2nd Round Draft Selection

small.png FLA 2019 2nd Round Draft Selection

small.png FLA 2020 3rd Round Draft Selection

small.png FLA 2020 4th Round Draft Selection

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To FLA:

small.png Joe Thornton

To EDM:

small.png Patrick Kane

geeze thats how its done I guess, no 1st rounders involved at all, beauty!

17 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To FLA:

small.png Joe Thornton

To EDM:

small.png Patrick Kane

Thanks for your work  Curt!

Always a pleasure @OurTimeToShine  Thanks for your time William Karlsson & in particular Joe Thornton! As in real life, we hope this see's a true hall of famer with a championship in your career!

Welcome PATRICK FRICKIN KANE!  :towel:

Edited by canuck2xtreme
Fixed my name for you ;)
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1