The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

On 4/2/2019 at 10:03 AM, Primal Optimist said:

and now this: With just 2 or 3 games remaining for each and every player in our league...we are down to the brass tacks. The West seems locked up but Nashville may have an outside chance at the postseason although that chance is disintegrating more each morning...meanwhile out East Pittsburgh holds a slim 67 point lead over Toronto...will the awards votes change playoff berths? We will know in less than a week!!!! The final 2 or 3 games can change who makes the dance, and even who is partnered with who in round one!

Eastern Conference

Atlantic

1.small.pngFlorida - OurTimeToShine  Florida- 6149

2.small.pngTampa Bay - Winter Soldier  Tampa Bay- 5516

3.small.pngOttawa - winterhawks  Ottawa- 5155

Metro

1.small.pngNY Islanders - Jaku    NY Islanders- 5700

2.small.pngWashington - da.moose  Washington- 5552

3.small.pngNew Jersey - Mike Vanderhoek  New Jersey- 5135

Wildcard

1.small.pngDetroit  - Ilunga  Detroit- 5077

2.small.pngPittsburgh - ActionJax09  Pittsburgh- 4785

-------------------------------------

3. Toronto- 4718

4. Boston- 4683

5. Buffalo- 4467

6. Montreal- 4403

7. Carolina- 4187

8. Columbus- 4118

9. Philadelphia- 3986

10. NY Rangers- 3673

Western Conf

Pacific

1.small.pngArizona - Squeak  - 5715

2.small.pngVancouver - Master Mind   - 5256

3.small.pngCalgary - Drouin - 4940

Central

1.small.pngWinnipeg - canuck2xtreme  - 5267

2.small.pngChicago - Sludge   - 4365

3.small.pngColorado  - aGENT- 4108

Wildcard

1.small.pngAnaheim - Andre Leplum - 4383

2.small.pngLos Angeles - Brunners - 4300

-----------------------------------------

3.  Nashville - 3989

4. Dallas- 3885

5. San Jose- 3840

6. St. Louis- 3648

7. Vegas- 3307

8. Minnesota- 3251

9. Edmonton- 2982

Great work PO! Can you post playoff matchups once it's finalized? I want to get my predictions in on who advances lol.

On 3/31/2019 at 1:02 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT: It's that time of the year again.... Voting can begin for the 7 league awards. 50 points for each trophy awarded.

Please feel free to nominate for players from your own roster for other GMs to consider. Make your arguments.

You cannot vote for your own players for an award. The bolded are the 7 trophies that require votes... please PM me with your votes (secret ballot).

Hart Trophy - Awarded to the league's MVP

Vezina Trophy - Awarded to the league's most outstanding goaltender

Lady Byng Trophy - Awarded to the player who displays gentlemanly conduct combined with a high level of play.

Calder Trophy - Awarded to the league's most outstanding rookie

Norris Trophy - Awarded to the league's top defenceman

Selke Trophy - Awarded to the league's best defensive forward

Darren Wilby Memorial Award - Awarded to the league's most outstanding GM

Art Ross Trophy - Awarded to the league's top point producer

Rocket Richard Trophy - Awarded to the league's top goal scorer

William M. Jennings Trophy - Awarded to the goaltender(s) for the team that allowed the fewest goals against during the season (minimum 25 games played)

The cutoff to make your votes is Friday, Apr 5th at 3pm Pacific Time. Final standings, award winners, and playoff brackets announced the following day.

Don't forget to get your votes in! Award season is right around the corner! Cut off is listed as 3pm PST tomorrow afternoon. I've voted. Have you?

On 3/31/2019 at 1:02 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT: It's that time of the year again.... Voting can begin for the 7 league awards. 50 points for each trophy awarded.

Please feel free to nominate for players from your own roster for other GMs to consider. Make your arguments.

You cannot vote for your own players for an award. The bolded are the 7 trophies that require votes... please PM me with your votes (secret ballot).

Hart Trophy - Awarded to the league's MVP

Vezina Trophy - Awarded to the league's most outstanding goaltender

Lady Byng Trophy - Awarded to the player who displays gentlemanly conduct combined with a high level of play.

Calder Trophy - Awarded to the league's most outstanding rookie

Norris Trophy - Awarded to the league's top defenceman

Selke Trophy - Awarded to the league's best defensive forward

Darren Wilby Memorial Award - Awarded to the league's most outstanding GM

Art Ross Trophy - Awarded to the league's top point producer

Rocket Richard Trophy - Awarded to the league's top goal scorer

William M. Jennings Trophy - Awarded to the goaltender(s) for the team that allowed the fewest goals against during the season (minimum 25 games played)

The cutoff to make your votes is Friday, Apr 5th at 3pm Pacific Time. Final standings, award winners, and playoff brackets announced the following day.

Here is my pitch.

Vote my players in for everything - that way I can catch OTTS.

We all win that way!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Gonna throw in one more nomination, Jonathan Toews for the Selke Trophy.

Toews has been arguably the best player in both ends of the ice this year, regularly shutting his opponents down, while putting up a career high 35 goals and 79 points (and counting).

He almost willed his Hawks into the playoffs, and likely would have got them there will a full season of Crawford.

Captain serious will watch you as you vote.

CbyqT5YWEAImY_L.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Don't forget to get your votes in! Award season is right around the corner! Cut off is listed as 3pm PST tomorrow afternoon. I've voted. Have you?

I voted instantly upon reading it was time to vote...off the top of my head...fast...

this way I won't be influenced by online campaigns, other opinions, reality or too much reading what benefits my squad the most in the way of voting...LOL....

in short to fool myself into the best picture of who I thought honestly deserved the awards, I winged it. ; )

Vote Early, Vote Often!!!! (*I am a progressive minded kind of voter, lol)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

The Blues nominates Elias Pettersson for the Calder.

come to think of it, That is the guy!!!! ; P

might cost you one spot in the draft lotto, but on the other hand you have Elias Pettersson. lol...have an amazing day in der Bunker my friend, It is a lovely time of year for Europe. 

You could say it is "Springtime....for.... Germany....!"

Image result for The Producers

That is me on the left before i put on the weight...lol

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Primal Optimist said:

come to think of it, That is the guy!!!! ; P

might cost you one spot in the draft lotto, but on the other hand you have Elias Pettersson. lol...have an amazing day in der Bunker my friend, It is a lovely time of year for Europe. 

spring but still cold  and rainy  ...  i dont think that i move up in standings even if  EP wins the award . 

my team would need some massive scoring in the last days of the regular  ....man ... i cant believe thats its allready over again in some days :(

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

spring but still cold  and rainy  ...  i dont think that i move up in standings even if  EP wins the award . 

my team would need some massive scoring in the last days of the regular  ....man ... i cant believe thats its allready over again in some days :(

It is weird to think how fast it went this year, mind you I took about a month off, :ph34r:

Looking forward to the draft and the rush of the offseason melting into Late September...can't wait!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ll throw Erik Karlsson in for a Norris nominee

i mean it’s no surprise to see the Sharks struggle down the stretch with Karlsson not in the lineup.  Imagine if he was healthy this whole time they’d be fighting with Tampa.....probably for first overall. I don’t have exact numbers for when he’s in the lineup and when he’s not, but I’m sure it’s pretty bad when he’s out and darn good when he’s in. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Squeak said:

Did not expect to have Teravainen available for the playoffs but here we are!

MOAR SISU!!!!

2 hours ago, OurTimeToShine said:

I don’t think you would catch me still Lol

why didn't I think of that? hahahaha...vote rigging to oust the Ottis!!

On 4/4/2019 at 9:04 AM, Rush17 said:

Great work PO! Can you post playoff matchups once it's finalized? I want to get my predictions in on who advances lol.

I don't mind doing standings stuff from time to time as I have done in the past..but end of season official results really are the purview of the Executive to announce and besides, the matchups may change with awards which I won't know until they are announced...so as in the past I would leave playoff matchups announcements to the "HNIC", Hockey Night In Canucksdotcom folks, lol.